X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that is a fill and drill!!

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Finally did a little this weekend, pulled the front hubs off and replaced them with brand new hubs and bearings. I cleaned up the dust shield a bit which I realize I may have to trim a bit for the new brakes. I test fitted the rotor. Next step will be to install the new calipers and pads.

The old rotor set screw was so rusted and stripped I couldnt get it off so I removed the entire hub with the rotor attached.

All off, and yes the PO painted not only the calipers blue, but the rotor hats as well.

Forgot to buy new dust caps, they are on the way. I still have to torque the nut down and bend the tab in.

[/url]

And a little test fit of the caliper, just held up for now.

Comment

Bought myself a present today. I already had one but it only went up to 150ft pds. This one will go up to 300ft pds

Comment

I like where this is going!

Comment

Just read all this, WOW. Bringing new meaning to B(rought)M(y)W(allet)
            i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
              Just read all this, WOW. Bringing new meaning to B(rought)M(y)W(allet)
              Shhhh just dont tell my wife lol!! She loves all this stuff an was the one who pushed me on the red calipers, she just doesnt know what it costs:)

Comment

those wheels by that NC crew are SO clean! and clean work man!
                Paynemw
                1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Question on bolt direction for the BBK.

I know the instructions said for the ones that bolt to the OEM caliper brackets you put the bolts through so the nuts are on the back side (closer to the engine instead of the rotor).

As for the ones that go from the bracket to the actual caliper, logic to me would say they would go in the same direction with the nuts on the back side close to the engine.

Although I saw a pic of it the other way, they work in either direction, so I guess it doesn't make too much of a difference but I would like to do it right.

Pic for reference, I put one on one way and one on the other to illustrate.

This is the pic of someone else's install with their bolts the other way.

Comment

If put the head end on the caliper - more surface area to grab. Let the nut sit on the bracket
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      If put the head end on the caliper - more surface area to grab. Let the nut sit on the bracket
                      Thats what I thought, not sure why the other person did it the opposite way.

Comment

Some goodies came in today.

Comment

Got the other side wheel bearing done and mounted both front Calipers. I havent switched over the brake lines yet, I will do that this weekend.

In the mean time I for some reason wanted to change my radio, nothing wrong with the one I had, I just wanted buttons!! I sold the old one on the board this morning, LOVE that panjo is gone or it would have never sold.

Anyway I havent pushed it all in and closed it up yet but here is the new headunit, I got the colors pretty close, in this new one you can use an App to dial in the colors basically infinitely. When I get a change I will play with it more.

Comment

nice. I had the same pioneer audiquattrot uses in his IX. switched back to the IR slider CM5908 radio and added jaysterling's BT board. OEM FTW!

so glad panjo's gone.
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                              nice. I had the same pioneer audiquattrot uses in his IX. switched back to the IR slider CM5908 radio and added jaysterling's BT board. OEM FTW!

so glad panjo's gone.
                              I thought about that but my OEM wiring was all cut up in the car, so I ran all new wires and RCAs to the trunk before I put in the new carpeting, I wanted to take advantage of that.

This one was much closer then the other one, so I am happy with it. Although one day I may black out the knob:)

Comment

Status Gruppe Headers came in!

Comment

Working...
                                X