1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    The car is on its wheels for a first time in a while.

No pictures of the wheels mounted? How dare you, sir.

:p Just kidding, can't wait to see them on though! And your lights look fantastic, keep up the great work.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
      No pictures of the wheels mounted? How dare you, sir.

:p Just kidding, can't wait to see them on though! And your lights look fantastic, keep up the great work.
      I do, but havent posted yet. My car isnt lowered yet and it looks like a 4x4 lol!!

Plus as much as I love the RS's I am second guessing them. I need to be at a et19 in the front to clear the BBK and it pokes more then I would like.

I am SERIOUSLY considering moving to BBS LMs, mostly because besides a better fit over the BBK they will show the BBK a bit better.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

So they look better on, its hard to tell if that poke will go away a bit after I drop. Dont mind the 4x4. The suspension has probably never been changed and the thing has been on stands for 2 months with the shocks fully extended so it hasnt settled yet. I dont have spacers on the rear yet.

Thoughts, keep the RS or go for 17" LMs :)

Front poke, I guess it wont be as bad with the drop and the car settling the camber is off too.

Comment

Sigh. Too much poke
          Absolutely love this project
          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
            Sigh. Too much poke
            Absolutely love this project
            So you agree on the poke? Thoughts on LMs?

Comment

that's why the sigh..
              you have holy grail wheels! They're truly spectacular. but offset and/or width (or both) in front aren't quite where you want them. it's a tough situation.

LMs just have a completely different look, but if they have the right width and offset they may be a more practical choice - or at least an easier one to get 'right'

I saw you're running ET21 via 8mm spacers. so the wheels are ET29? is it a square set? Hard to tell what to do remotely given the wilwoods..

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

that's why the sigh..
                you have holy grail wheels! They're truly spectacular. but offset and/or width (or both) in front aren't quite where you want them. it's a tough situation.

LMs just have a completely different look, but if they have the right width and offset they may be a more practical choice - or at least an easier one to get 'right'

I saw you're running ET21 via 8mm spacers. so the wheels are ET29? is it a square set? Hard to tell what to do remotely given the wilwoods..
                The wheels are et29, I have 10mm spacers to clear the brakes. The original goal was to run 8mm to be at E21 which would have been perfect, but the bolts just clip the calipers at 8mm (ask me how I know I put a nice little gouge in the brand new caliper :(.

Comment

you've got more than 2mm of poke tho.

so if the ET19 offset is spot on the wheel must be too wide to fit under the front fender? 7.5" is the widest wheel I've seen fit 'properly' under a non-M3 front fender and stock calipers. I personally run 16x7 alpina up front, ET28, 205/50-16, and 16x8 ET28 225/45-16 (stock E30 alpina setup)

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

you've got more than 2mm of poke tho.

so if the ET19 offset is spot on the wheel must be too wide to fit under the front fender? 7.5" is the widest wheel I've seen fit 'properly' under a non-M3 front fender and stock calipers. I personally run 16x7 alpina up front, ET28, 205/50-16, and 16x8 ET28 225/45-16 (stock E30 alpina setup)
                    You are probably correct this is a 16x8 wheel, which is what Jordan was running on his car and his setup was perfect, but he wasnt clearing a BBK.

The funny thing is I took an 16x8 et23 E38 Style 5 on and it cleared, although I didnt have a tire on it so not sure if it would hit the strut.

Comment

I think once you have the suspension loaded and some camber dialed in it will fit fine. LOTS of people run 16x8 +20 without any issue. My new wheel and tire setup is 16x8 +20 with a 205/50/16 RE71-R. When it comes in I will post pictures.

In the meantime, here is a 16x8 +20 with 225/45/16 tires:

16x8 + 20 by Austin Graner, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
                        I think once you have the suspension loaded and some camber dialed in it will fit fine. LOTS of people run 16x8 +20 without any issue. My new wheel and tire setup is 16x8 +20 with a 205/50/16 RE71-R. When it comes in I will post pictures.

In the meantime, here is a 16x8 +20 with 225/45/16 tires:

16x8 + 20 by Austin Graner, on Flickr
                        Well that doesnt look too bad at all, how much camber are you running there?

I am thinking with the extra weight of the S54 will push it down a bit.

Comment

yeah I was going to suggest cambering in. It's a matter of personal preference. on a track the neg camber helps cornering anyway.. are you rolling the fenders as well?

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

These are 16x7 et20 with 195 45's

I think they are a bit too far back.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

agreed. my ET28 alpinas are more outboard.

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

yeah I was going to suggest cambering in. It's a matter of personal preference. on a track the neg camber helps cornering anyway.. are you rolling the fenders as well?
                                I wasnt planning on it, but may have too if I stick with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X