Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    haha I had the same experience

subframe assembly looks mighty tasty by the way.
    Thanks I am excited about all the extra reinforcement, should help with the S54's power.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

BTW I just thought of another question. The tank is completely empty because its brand new. Should I leave it empty for the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        BTW I just thought of another question. The tank is completely empty because its brand new. Should I leave it empty for the winter?
        From having a motorcycle in RI for two years, one of which the bike was stripped down and tank was empty, I wouldn't recommend it. If your garage is well sealed from the elements and heated it should fine though.
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

From having a motorcycle in RI for two years, one of which the bike was stripped down and tank was empty, I wouldn't recommend it. If your garage is well sealed from the elements and heated it should fine though.
          Here is the concern the tank has never had anything in it. So do I put 5 gallons in it? I would think I should fill but I can’t get it to a gas station because it isn’t running.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            Here is the concern the tank has never had anything in it. So do I put 5 gallons in it? I would think I should fill but I can’t get it to a gas station because it isn’t running.
            If its stored in your garage it'll probably be fine. Just rapid heating and cooling will cause condensation so I wouldnt be tooooooo worried about it. If anyone can chime in about this I'm kind of curious. Would it be a good idea to leave it open to the trunk to promote better airflow/temperature control? or does it not even matter?
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

If its stored in your garage it'll probably be fine. Just rapid heating and cooling will cause condensation so I wouldnt be tooooooo worried about it. If anyone can chime in about this I'm kind of curious. Would it be a good idea to leave it open to the trunk to promote better airflow/temperature control? or does it not even matter?
              Unfortunately for this winter only it will be outside.

Comment

dump a gallon in it and pick up some fuel stabilizer at your local auto parts. but you better seal it some way cuz fumes in a closed space = no no.
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                  dump a gallon in it and pick up some fuel stabilizer at your local auto parts. but you better seal it some way cuz fumes in a closed space = no no.
                  Yeah I was thinking leaving it open in the garage if it was brand new and empty. But since this is outside yeah do what Bradnic says
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

It will be outside. I have 5 gallons of gas in a container now I can dump in.

Comment

Small update today, i felt like I worked for several hours and barely got anything done.

First I finished hooking up the gas lines and wiring to the fuel pump on top of the tank so I could put the covers back on and button that up.

Forgot to take pics but its fairly straight forward.

Next I put up the new thicker 14.5mm M3 rear sway bar. Since I had new mounts and all new rubber it was actually a pain in the ass trying to bend the new mounts over the new rubber. But they are in, the old sway bar links were so worn out I could actually pull them off by hand with barely any effort.

While I was there I installed the new Koni adjustable shocks. I wasnt sure where to set the rebound, so for now I set it half way. I will play with it and adjust it more once the car is moving.

All new mounts, nuts and gaskets. It was nice to see the shock towers really had no rust at all. I had a tiny bit of some surface that came off with a light pass of sandpaper. I sprayed a little POR on there just to seal it up.

Looking to get the subframe back up this weekend, I need to figure out how to route the brake lines on the trailing arms, I forgot how they went.
                      Last edited by Staszek; 11-17-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I re-plumbed the brake hard lines on my parts IX trailing arms.. there are a couple of plastic clips that go into holes on the trailing arm edges, as well as some metal clips to hold the fittings

Last edited by bradnic; 11-18-2017, 04:29 AM.

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Are you doing reinforced trailing arms or adjustable toe subframe? garagistic running a heavy sale right now on some nice bits.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Are you doing reinforced trailing arms or adjustable toe subframe? garagistic running a heavy sale right now on some nice bits.
                            I already have both from Garagistic.

As for the brake lines they were actually in great shape so reusing the hardliners on the trailing arms, but I bought new clips.

Comment

Wheels are back, I will get the tires mounted on Monday. Should have the subframe back in tomorrow or Sunday if I can stop eating from all these Thanksgiving parties!

I did a custom version of the Style 5's. Similar to the M3 Sport Evo's just a bit different because, well they are Style 5's:)

Comment

Nice choice with Nogaro faces
                                What’s custom in the style 5s?

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X