Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Dang, nice. Can't wait to see the finished project! Also, you know it's a quality shop when they're sporting a water fountain.

Leave a comment:

• Albie325
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek
    Saying goodbye for a couple of months! Coming back a complete project!!
    Wow, very exciting times! Cluster looks great, can't wait to see how the paint comes out

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Saying goodbye for a couple of months! Coming back a complete project!!

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
    That cluster is amazing. I haven't seen a volt meter in the tach like that before.
    Thanks it's a separate company that makes them. I forget the name, Bav sources them and installs when you do the refresh.

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    That cluster is amazing. I haven't seen a volt meter in the tach like that before.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    A few more pics of the new cluster.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    I was getting him ready for the full repaint. This will be one of the last pictures of the car in this state. In about 2 months he will be all fresh with the Mtech II kit installed. Dropping Klaus off on Tuesday.

I did get a chance to install my new gauges from Bavrest. I loved my old gauges, Greg did those in 2016, besides refreshing them completely (odo, batteries, board, plastic etc) he moved the tach to 8000, and added a volt and oil temp gauge. I was happy with it, but the only thing I didnt like was that the economy gauge didnt work with the S54 swap, so it was annoying that it was just there. I probably should have deleted that and called it a day.

Instead I had a second cluster built. The second one had all the refreshes of the first one, but I did green alpina strip on the tach, added S54 on it as well, upgraded red lighting and I put the volt/oil temp gauge in the economy area. I love the look.

Needless to say, I will be listing the original cluster for sale soon.

Here are a few pics of the new one, I will try to get better ones when the lighting is better.

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    A couple of pics after a new run today. Car is running great!
    And looking great, too!

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    A couple of pics after a new run today. Car is running great!

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    So, if you know your torque curves from a dyno, there are calculators out there to help figure out optimum shift points. With the S54, it looses so much torque up top, I believe using a custom gearbox would be ideal....
    Im going to get it dyno'd soon. Not going with a custom gearbox though, this car isnt for racing, just for fun.

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    So, if you know your torque curves from a dyno, there are calculators out there to help figure out optimum shift points. With the S54, it looses so much torque up top, I believe using a custom gearbox would be ideal....

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBxf...ature=youtu.be

One of these days I will get around to doing proper videos. We are in the middle of moving so time has become precious, although I did get a few minutes to rip around yesterday. The tach is not exact it reads slightly high so I was pretty much right at 8000 on shifts, we set the limit at 8100.

Leave a comment:

• Albie325
    replied
    Looking great man, love the BBS's

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    nice engine and wheels, but I just come here for the avatar the radio and the garage lol.
    seriously, just perfect already, and with the mtech2 it will be beyond over the top.
    The radio will be perfect soon! Cant wait to get my BT back!

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    nice engine and wheels, but I just come here for the avatar the radio and the garage lol.
    seriously, just perfect already, and with the mtech2 it will be beyond over the top.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X