X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great looking build!
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Ahhhh much better, all nice and neat up there nothing falling down anymore about to kill me when it wraps around my brake pedal!

Even was able to hide the crossover for the new speakers I am putting in. Plenty of room left when I add the clutch pedal down.

Wired both front speakers and crossovers last night, put the tweeter sails back in didnt get a change to put the 5.25's in. As I have read 100 times its really a horrible place for that 5.25 there is basically no space in there at all especially with the wiring. Oh well I will fade to the back more.

I was hoping to get the sound deadening done last night, I started it but got tired. Sucks having to travel to the in-laws to work on the car every time I want to do something. Maybe I will try again on Thursday, pretty packed week.

Last edited by Staszek; 10-29-2017, 08:31 PM.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Ugh, pedal box replacement... Probably my least favorite job I've ever done on an e30.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
          Ugh, pedal box replacement... Probably my least favorite job I've ever done on an e30.
          Yea not looking forward to that one.

Also got some lighted Keys cut since I only had one working key left, the other one broke off in the ignition, good thing I could pull it out.

I actually really like the Scytek remote, that alarm is pretty awesome for $30, I havent bought an alarm since I was 18 all my other cars came with them, price is crazy good for what it does.

Last edited by Staszek; 11-11-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Ok small update, I finally got all the sound deadening in. I was only going to do the large surface areas because from what I have read and heard it really doesnt do too much, but I got this all really cheap so I figured since the carpet was out why not.

Welllllll I went a bit crazy, I had a bunch left so I kept going and before i knew it i covered a lot of the car.

I bought the OEM felt sound deadening pad for the rear seats since my car didnt have one, it was only $25 not bad.

I threw the recovered M3 seats in just for a sec to see them, I had the rear seatbelts lengthened to work with the new rear M3 seats too. I cant wait to get this damn interior back together. Hopefully by this weekend.

Dont mind the giant hole the PO cut for his 15" sub lol.

Comment

those seats look good!
              http://instagram.com/mundieriss
              my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

No updates ???

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Those seats look awesome! I might to go to the same guy you did lol.

Comment

Originally posted by faujijatt View Post
                    No updates ???

Huh? That was my update lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rouvld View Post
                      Those seats look awesome! I might to go to the same guy you did lol.
                      Thanks, he is awesome but I know severely backed up right now, I wasnt in a rush getting mine back since I had to do a bunch of work on the interior first.

Took 4 months to get my seats back (front and rear redone), but he told me that off the bat so I expected it.

I think it would be faster if you just want a kit though, I had him do my seats for me then ship them.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                        Huh? That was my update lol
                        Bro I dunno why I didnt see the update you put up before I.posted what I posted... Tapatalk lags maybe I dunno. Anyhow, nice work on the seats and looking forward to it being done. Cheers.

Comment

This thing is going to be something special when its done.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It should be if I ever finish lol

Comment

Ok second day in a row of work. Probably done for now until after the holidays, but I feel like I ended up on a good note.

So first before I put the seats back in I had to take care of the really faded seat belt buttons. I hit them really quick with some red rustoleum plastic paint. Not perfect but way better then before and didn't feel like spending a few hundred on new ones.

Painted the plastic parts of the rear deck with trim paint, they were not too bad but now look really new again. Also reinstalled the newly dyed parcel shelf.

Comment

Installed the new Mtech II steering wheel, 370mm. I also put in non airbag blinker and washer stalks.

Unwrapped the fresh new OEM black carpet, love the smell of new carpeting!
                                I gotta say putting in new carpet is a BITCH! And something I do not want to do again. There are still a few things I need to adjust a bit but after struggling with it for an hour, stopping for dinner then struggling with it again I finally got it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X