Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lira (euro DS mtech II 318is reshelled, 24v swapped, also now BAR'd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try another TPS?

Comment

i did. no change..
      cars beep boop

Comment

gave up and took it to a shop. going to get the suspension refresh all prepared to drop in while they figure out what the hell the CEL is about.

also I got some wheels ;D
        cars beep boop

Comment

at some point, it doesnt hurt to hand it over... I scheduled my appt with the BAR for 3 weeks from today. Im basically ready to go, but someone suggested a different cone filter
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

BAR legally doesn't care about anything forward of the MAF. If the guy complains, tell him to read the rules.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Thats what I thought. MAF -> CAT and everything in between. Nothing outside of it
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                dunno! where can I check that

also finished up swapping in harness that came from a known good car. same symptom.

swapping cam/crank sensors, and if that doesn't work I'm going to start sacrificing small animals.
                All sensors that run off impedance should have a 5v reference. when the car acts up, see if the 5v is still there. o2 sensor should be the easiest. This could be 12v, but for some reason I remember it being 12v.

sorry i only do my best work on lombard street at midnight in the presence of wheelhop :D
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

car's back from the shop.. after 18 hours of diagnostics, they gave up.

current theory is pinhole leak from coolant passage into combustion chamber throwing off O2 readings at idle. It gets worse as the car gets hotter, which is somewhat indicative of a crack that widens as the car is heated.

kind of steamed about this (since it was sold to me as a "ready to run perfect 80K motor", and now the guy's not answering his phone), but I do have an S50 on a stand that I can freshen up and drop in. so I guess I'm doing that.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Im getting nervous for my appt with the BAR. Need to run this wire to kill the 1234567 code, and hopefully that will shut the light off.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      car's back from the shop.. after 18 hours of diagnostics, they gave up.

current theory is pinhole leak from coolant passage into combustion chamber throwing off O2 readings at idle. It gets worse as the car gets hotter, which is somewhat indicative of a crack that widens as the car is heated.

kind of steamed about this (since it was sold to me as a "ready to run perfect 80K motor", and now the guy's not answering his phone), but I do have an S50 on a stand that I can freshen up and drop in. so I guess I'm doing that.
                      Build Threads:
                      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

S50??? Update please, brother. :p:p:p

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe no S50 yet. Going to pull the head and take it to a shop.

Also I went to the ref and failed hard. Bad gas cap, bad emissions, CEL and "tampered" downpipes. Fuck!

some photos from the BAR appointment

the ref station has a poster illustrating what sorts of things the state doesn't want you doing. 2/3 example photos are e30s :mrgreen:

cars beep boop

Comment

did you pass visual or emissions with the current issues?

If not, what else do you need to "fix"?
                            world renown Harry Potter expert
                            sigpic

Comment

I need to fix the current issues, basically, to have a functional car at all. Head's coming off, exhaust's coming off and I'm putting in a set of the treehouse knockoff lollipops to clear a factory E36 exhaust (which I have already).

The lollipops will then go on the white car to get *it* to pass, and will likely stay on it since that car will have the suspension and motor and brakes to do fun track stuff.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Godspeed, brother.

I went through this process. I think it took me 5 tries to pass. It ended up being the damn Cats after all.
                                world renown Harry Potter expert
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X