FreedomM3's RestoMod Diary - 89 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM's replied. Shoot me a text for faster response! 404-556-2022

I was working on the timing belt/waterpump/thermostat/seals today.. I was hoping to have her somewhat road worthy by this weekend but I need to order some needed parts for the car to run.

While trying to remove the rotor, all 3 allens stripped and would not come off. I managed to break two loose with a wrench but the third didnt have enough room. While attempting to remove it, I destroyed the actual rotor. I was planning on replacing soon, just not today. Along with the cap, that was well in need of replacement I think i found the source of the slight misfire. all the leads where gross and fell apart when i touched them.. Upon inspection the water pump and timing belt seemed to actually be in great shape. Everything in this car has been brittle and I was afraid the timing belt would be the same. I replaced everything anyways so I KNOW what is under the covers! I was taught to always make things nicer and cleaner when I work on cars so I always try to clean it up some while being mindful I dont have the budget to a complete rebuild of everything.

before:

degreased and cleaned the entire area I could!

I left it like so waiting for certain parts that I cleaned up and painted to dry. The car will be done tomorow waiting for new rotor, cap, and wires to come in. Hopefully by Monday they will be here. ugh.

So in all, only OEM parts replaced today:

-Timing Belt, Tensioner & Spring
    -Water Pump / gasket
    -Thermostat / Seal
    -Camshaft Seal

On the way:

-Bremi Cap
    -Bremi Rotor
    -Bilstein B8 Rears
    -A/C Drive Belt
    -PS Drive Belt
    -ALT Drive Belt

I feel like I forgot to order something :/ Someone buy the 2.93 from me!

Hope you guys enjoy the progress! I cant wait to drive the car and feels all the new parts :)
    Last edited by FreedomM3; 09-24-2015, 03:19 PM.
    Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

Following this great project!
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Thanks!

Wrapped up the suspension, for now.. I might still do the E90 top hats. You can see the current ride height now with the IE3 and B8 Bilstein's. These fubar wheels I have as rollers actually do not look too bad.. Wish they were not so messed up.

Rain or shine, we get it done. I pitched a tent *giggity* and got to finishing up what I could without the new drive belts, coolant, cap, rotor etc..

More pic than work actually..

Pitched it!

My neighbor put these in the recycling bin.. time to refresh my welding skills...

I still WTB: Tail light! Late model! NOW! lol

Anyone have any feedback to share on the ebay"is" lip replacement?

img{max-width:100%} .MainContent {width:1163px; background: repeat-y} .DescTitle {padding-left:100px} .descriptionBox {width:940px; border:1px #364389 solid; -moz-border-radius: 5px; border-radius: 5px; background: url top no-repeat; } .descriptionContent{font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:14px; padding: 20px 30px 30px} .

This one in particular. It doesnt have the cut out, i kinda like it. i also like its not FRP..

Last edited by FreedomM3; 09-25-2015, 01:05 PM.
        Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Do you ever have that job that is suppose to be a 30 minute job and turns into an hour and half? Because of something dumb?It happened to me today, due to a swollen spring seat, both sides. The drive was the worst and I couldn't remove the top seat from the spring.. ugh. Got it done. I definately need e90 top hats up front now..I also got some work done on the interior..had some help today.

Its great to not see any rust! The floor looks brand new! Probably one coffee spiled in the car ever.

Can you see good? I also removed the 26 year old tint and glue left behind..

Heres the trouble maker..

Final ride, sorry for the tent.

What do you guys think of this cross member? Came off the parts car, looks like they just welded a reinforcement. Might give my oil pan some tiny added clearence. haha
          Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-01-2015, 03:47 PM.
          Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

No work on the E30 today, my leg hurts. Here's some discount codes from FCP Euro for you guys..

$25 off $399+ Use code: dh46ppk3
            $50 off $799+ Use code: c3ff2hk9
            $75 off $999+ Use code: gyb27ec4
            $100 off $1199+ Use code: tmm93y7b
            $200 off $1999+ Use code: 5xwb93p2
            Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Looks like your dog is like mine, every time I open the door he gets in. Oh and super sweet build.
              sigpic

'88 325is-daily
              '89 325is-project
              '84 633csi-its there
              '00 528i-daily (wrecked)
              '01 525i- sold

Comment

Your dog sounds like a badass! Thanks!
                Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

I acquired this today...for free right now. If I want it $40..

Care to guess?!
                  Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Cool project! sub'd

Comment

Alright alright! Not all at once guys! My ankle is still extra sore, I'm waiting for parts and trying to find motivation. Figured id scroll through my photobucket at all my other projects.

Just an IS lip with a splitter. I think I'll pick it up for $40 to experiment with it.

None of the cars are listed in order lol

325i E46 Sport, Stupid clean car..

I got it in a trade in, stupid cheap too. Ugh wish I had kept it.

The SC300, had to clean this one up bad..I also got a good deal on it..

My SO's old wagon:

My FZ09, got rid of her last year.

Small project I picked up a while back. E34 525i, Got it for $800 with the wheels & COVERS. It needed a ton of things though.

My Alpine White E28..

I picked up the Mtech E36. Check for cloth! My son.. This car has some rust.. ugh

an Rb20 s13 i bought to flip

Delphin on cardinal ETA

one of my r6's

540i e39

another e39 wagon

married my highschool sweetheart and had a hellrot m3 :)

My Factory L-Tuned Is300, restomod here. Picked her up neglected in florida

yep! same dog haha

and my favorite of all my lexus/toyota cars:

My current daily:

Hope you enjoyed my post, i certainly did going down memory lane.
                      Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-01-2015, 03:46 PM.
                      Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Whoa thats a lot of cars. How long do you keep a car before its gone?

Comment

It depended on its function, back then, not very long, a few month or until I got "bored". There are quite a few that are missing that are on old accounts I forgot the passwords to.
                          Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

I was the same way when I worked at a car dealer. I had easy access to cheap used cars. Id buy them fix them, sell them and on to the next one it was. I also had a lot more free$$ to spend then though.,

Comment

haha as did I. The E46 was the only one that I think I didn't buy off craiglist/street.
                              Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Some E30 progress:

went to BMW, I felt like it was going to go down! driving in there in a VW. hahah I was like my other car is a BMW!

Anyways:

Needed some build primer to fix some larger scratches. Shell be done getting prepped and painted tommorow. Hopefully UPS arrives with my parts!

Turned into this:

On her last leg, shell be cut up soon.

I went to visit an old friend who details high end vehicles, he let me borrow some supplies to see if i could cut the single stage paint and make it look any better until I save up for the full repaint and supplies needed.

I did the two fender and hood real quick. I think it will be worth the results. I'll probably get started on this next week.
                                Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-01-2015, 03:45 PM.
                                Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Working...
                                X