Project Lessmeister: 91 318iS Restomod w/ MTech2 and modern drivetrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Both have been posted, but I don't mind covering it again.

The color will be Imolarot II.

The drivetrain will be a M54b30, 320z transmission, and 3.46 Torsen diff.
    I missed the posts as I didnt know either! Imolarot & M54 are both awesome. I drove the infamous Hoveringuy M54 car and it was amazing. Tough choice for me choosing between the M54 and the aluminum M52... but I needed something that could be made legal so I went with the M52. You will not be disappointed
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Wow! another amazing enterprise! In for the awesome!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Damn you work fast.
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I missed the posts as I didnt know either! Imolarot & M54 are both awesome. I drove the infamous Hoveringuy M54 car and it was amazing. Tough choice for me choosing between the M54 and the aluminum M52... but I needed something that could be made legal so I went with the M52. You will not be disappointed
          It should feel much like an OBDI S52 powered E30 (which I've had before) but with a fatter & flatter torque curve.

Won't be as fast as my old supercharged E30, but 250hp/235tq should be plenty to make the car a awesome driver.

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
          Wow! another amazing enterprise! In for the awesome!
          If this is the enterprise which star fleet captain am I?

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
          Damn you work fast.
          You know you say that... but I feel like I'm quite behind schedule. I had plans to have the car in paint 2 weeks after I got the car, but a multitude of things slowed my progress. Even though I'm still in a reasonable time frame I feel 2 weeks behind.

The real work comes while its in paint, as I prepare the drive train, suspensions, etc to receive the new chassis back. Not to mention get all the new parts lined out. I can't do any work this weekend though as I'm taking the wife out of town to TexFest, our own little Oktoberfest but mainly just for 5 series and assorted classics. Grandpops is bringing his RV and parking it near the host hotel and will be relieving us of the kidlets for the bulk of the weekend.... should be a great time.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Not sure but seeing as all but Kirk seem to end up poorly I'd hope Kirk.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Emmm new dashboard. One of these days I'll fork over the coin for that. Crack-free dash all day baby!
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

what suspension setup are you planning on running?

Comment

H&R Sports/Super Sports or something of that nature. Not sure what dampers yet. I want a smooth daily driver suspension with a modest drop for this car.

Comment

Those euro/blocked clips that BMW wouldn't ship to the US just arrived :-)

Comment

This build keeps getting better and better. I wish one day I could do a build of this caliber. Kudos to you and keep up with the good shit. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1444323377649.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	7180424

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I sold the widebody car to a friend back in Dec'14. Here it is aside its stable mate:
                        Always great to see e30's that have made it to the top of the food chain

Good to see you back here on R3v man! Based on your previous builds, this should be a gorgeous resto! Subd! :coolphoto:

Comment

Those euro/blocked clips that BMW wouldn't ship to the US just arrived :-)
                          they're blocked? shit i should check up on my order with blunt..

nice progress too! how are you figuring out the drill points for the fenders?
                          cars beep boop

Comment

By carefully marking and checking repeatedly before I commit. Did it the same way on the white MT2 car, no problems. The OE templates are nice, but not really needed. Just hold the parts up in position and you'll figure it out.

BMW will not supply those clips through the US dealer network, they are for some reason... blocked. I had a friend in Germany go to his local dealer, buy them, and send them tooooo meeeee.

I have I think 29 extra NIB if you end up not being able to source them LMK.

Comment

I appreciate that!

same story with the bottom clips?

also this thread has served as a successful advertisement for Lord Fusor 143 ;)
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Nope, those bottom clips and everything else hardware wise should be available as it is used on "legitimate US models"

Comment

Working...
                                X