No announcement yet.

Project Lessmeister: 91 318iS Restomod w/ MTech2 and modern drivetrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is amazing, I thought he sold it so was confused.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

It's for sale. ERrr Back up for sale :up:

Damn fine car.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
        Has a new owner (0-60 Freak).

Car is stunning as ever.
        But the auction description reads as though Jordan is the seller.
        Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
        It is amazing, I thought he sold it so was confused.
        I'm still confused.
        '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
        '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Can't say I'm surprised. Purchaser is hoping to make money on the car I'm sure. That's why he was dickering Jordan down so hard as I remember.

Still a very fine E30. Props on the work.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
            Can't say I'm surprised. Purchaser is hoping to make money on the car I'm sure. That's why he was dickering Jordan down so hard as I remember.

Still a very fine E30. Props on the work.
            From the start 0-60 Freak said that this car was never going to stay in his possession for long. The plan was keep this until he found a 2 door e30 and get Jordan to build him another restomod e30, but to his specs this time and most importantly in white.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Well at least we can see where the market is on a complete restomod 318i.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                From the start 0-60 Freak said that this car was never going to stay in his possession for long. The plan was keep this until he found a 2 door e30 and get Jordan to build him another restomod e30, but to his specs this time and most importantly in white.
                This is a 2 door e30, but I do remember him saying that he did not prefer the red color and that he wanted alpine. But he also said:

Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
                When that first number starts with a 2, let me know
                His BIN price starts with a 4... might as well be a 5 really. We don't know what the actual sales price was... but I'm guessing he's going for a healthy profit. Which is fine, I don't begrudge anyone trying to make money... just wish more of that potential profit had gone to the builder in this case.
                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                91 318is Turbo Sold
                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                06 4.8is X5
                06 Mtec X3
                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                90 325i Sold
                97 328is Sold
                01 323ci Sold
                92 325i Sold
                83 528e Totaled
                98 328i Sold
                93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                  This is as should come as no surprise the case. He told me from day one that he didn't intend to keep the car indefinitely because as much as he liked it it was red and red simply would not fit his taste long-term he wanted to build a white car. This car wet his whistle and he knows exactly what he wants built in white so this one is up for sale.

I am the seller of the car make no mistakes yes it is not mine but I am brokering it sale because I am the builder and I am the one that knows everything about it. We discussed all of this in detail prior to the original sale and it was negotiated as part of it. I reserved first right of refusal on the vehicle, and would be happy to offer it for resale to a new owner when the time came If I was unable or unwilling to reaquire it for myself. Since my wife would divorce me if I bought it back I've arranged the sale :-)
                  Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                  https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

God DAMN.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      This is as should come as no surprise the case. He told me from day one that he didn't intend to keep the car indefinitely because as much as he liked it it was red and red simply would not fit his taste long-term he wanted to build a white car. This car wet his whistle and he knows exactly what he wants built in white so this one is up for sale.

I am the seller of the car make no mistakes yes it is not mine but I am brokering it sale because I am the builder and I am the one that knows everything about it. We discussed all of this in detail prior to the original sale and it was negotiated as part of it. I reserved first right of refusal on the vehicle, and would be happy to offer it for resale to a new owner when the time came If I was unable or unwilling to reaquire it for myself. Since my wife would divorce me if I bought it back I've arranged the sale :-)
                      LOL. Don't we all know the feeling? Well, maybe just the OG's.
                      ------------------------------------------------------
                      1982 528e - Sold
                      1987 325e - Totalled
                      1990 325is - Sold
                      1997 540i6 - Sold
                      1991 325ic - Sold
                      2013 335i - Sold
                      2005 X5 - Daily
                      1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Deleted!
                        '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                        '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                          That's what I suspected and hoped. :up: Can also relate to the spousal objections to bringing a vehicle back.
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

wow no reserve (or the reserve has been met at 28k)....gutsy

the plot thickens....

Comment

8 hours left, at $31k

Comment

It's a very nice car
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X