92 vert turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 vert turbo build

Getting ready to rebuild My vert from top to bottom it's been sitting for about two years due to starting my business.

Car is a 92 vert
    2.8 bottom end I head built by vac motor sports. Head has been fully done with rocker arms cams and ported.
    Running Miller MAF

Right now I'm just waiting for everything to finish getting here.
    So far parts that are here or have been ordered

Garret GT3076R
    Tial waste gate
    HKS SSQ
    3" intercooler piping
    Massive front mount
    New front control arms
    Will wood big brake kit
    All ECS stainless brake lines
    Tree house racing control arm bushings
    Garage tastic DSSR and secondary diff mount and crank scrapper
    Full powerflex race bushings all round
    Manifold I'm going to be using is made by rapid spoiling Industrys.

I know I'm forgetting a lot but I'll be posting pictures every step along the way. Also my spelling and grammar is terrible and isn't going to change anytime soon.

Oh and on a side note if you Vape let me know I own 528 custom Vapes
    Last edited by Dirty3024; 05-14-2016, 07:35 PM.

I'll upload pictures soon 😉

Comment

What will the car be used to do,,,,,,,,, burn tires ,, cruising ?
      Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
      ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
      E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

Honestly Just fun power wise I would like to see low 400s. I just wanted to have something that I could take to the car show or thrash at the track.

Comment

Don't think you'll get to 400's with the Miller stuff. That stuff is real finicky.
          You've got some nice parts going on though!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Didn't know about any restrictions With the Miller stuff. I know when I had the car oringally tuned it was a pain in the ass trying to find a computer to work with it. I'm going to contact them tomorrow about there new turbo kit and see if they worked all of that out.

Comment

Don't mind me I need two more post then i can use tap to talk. Make uploading pictures Easier.

Comment

Last one

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463368968.121858.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	7185201Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463368979.209017.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	7185202Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463368992.529858.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	7185203

Installed the intercooler today. Honestly didn't think I was going to have cut this much out of it to get it to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice that I can now use the app and not have to verify every post. Any way here's some more pics.

After fitting up intercooler I installed the new seats and gauges.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463369128.734320.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	7185204Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463369139.748183.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	7185205Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463369150.285472.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	7185206Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463369176.946088.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	7185207Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463369196.064120.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	7185208

Comment

Your girlfriend looks a little young there.

AWD > RWD

Comment

My step daughter lol if I'm in the garage she has to be out there with me.

Comment

Great looking cabrio you have,,, and i can see you have the hardtop and rollcage also..

small OT as difference between M20 turbo and other engines,,,

do you know the weight of your car............. with turbo,,,incl cage+hardtop,, I would really like to know !!

i was using my cabrio ,,drifting ,, and driving a lot on the Nürburgring,, but to be honest. an E30 that is oem 300 lbs more in weight vs 2d car is not a great solution,,

i have been using 2 powerful engines i can see you have strut brace,, that is great,, but as the car is a vert i really recommend X-brace,, i had both and there was a colossal difference,,
                          today i have neither,,,and i can really feel the difference,,,

looking forward to see more
                          Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E34 550 V12 JML

Comment

Originally posted by Alpina View Post
                            Great looking cabrio you have,,, and i can see you have the hardtop and rollcage also..

small OT as difference between M20 turbo and other engines,,,

do you know the weight of your car............. with turbo,,,incl cage+hardtop,, I would really like to know !!

i was using my cabrio ,,drifting ,, and driving a lot on the Nürburgring,, but to be honest. an E30 that is oem 300 lbs more in weight vs 2d car is not a great solution,,

i have been using 2 powerful engines i can see you have strut brace,, that is great,, but as the car is a vert i really recommend X-brace,, i had both and there was a colossal difference,,
                            today i have neither,,,and i can really feel the difference,,,

looking forward to see more

I have the car fully gutted factory power top is removed. All the sound denting and the weight in the trunk. Deleted the power steering and the AC.

Also swapped out the factory seats for the Sparcos so hopefully dropped some more weight there.

I have the mason lower x brace as well and your right probably the best bang for my buck handling wise. I ordered a DTM fiberwerkz hood and trunk to hopefully shave some more weight off of it. Once I get the car fully done I'll get it weighed because i really wanna know as well. Seeing not to many people have fully gutted a cabrio.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty3024 View Post
                              I have the car fully gutted factory power top is removed. All the sound denting and the weight in the trunk. Deleted the power steering and the AC.

Also swapped out the factory seats for the Sparcos so hopefully dropped some more weight there.

I have the mason lower x brace as well and your right probably the best bang for my buck handling wise. I ordered a DTM fiberwerkz hood and trunk to hopefully shave some more weight off of it. Once I get the car fully done I'll get it weighed because i really wanna know as well. Seeing not to many people have fully gutted a cabrio.
                              Super !!! great mods actually

no,, i am NOT going to put a cage in my car,, it is a top down car,,
                              my car is 3200 lbs,,,, I know,,, VERY HEAVY same weight with V12 and S38B38

sorry for offtopic
                              Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E34 550 V12 JML

Comment

Working...
                              X