No announcement yet.

My 1988 320i Touring Project: Ambitious but Rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We took care of a few minor things the car needed this week: the rear license plate lights and the brake light switch needed to be replaced. Now the check panel is happy and all is well once again. :up:

Yesterday, we took the touring to the drive in probably for the last time this season. I was excited that they were playing classic Halloween movies on one of the screens. They even played the first Looney Tunes cartoon with the Road Runner (called "Fast and Furry-ous") before the movies started. Awesome! :D

I think this would be perfect to use for my new avatar. ;)

Then we watched Friday the 13th (1980) and Halloween (1978), and I learned what not to do when a psychotic killer is on the loose and hunting you down.

I have some exciting news coming soon, but in the meantime, you can read the backstory of how I got into cars to begin with and how I ended up owning the touring here.
    1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
    Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

The last items on the list for the car's tune up were a new coolant temperature sensor and refreshed idle control valve - both of which I took care of this afternoon. The car always idled well, but it's now very smooth, better than it's been since we bought it years ago. :)

Comment

The touring is officially on its way to its new home. I really loved this car and am going to miss it!

I'm happy to know that the touring will be in great hands with its new owner. I hope he'll enjoy it as much as I have. :D

Comment

I think this car is on San Francisco bay craigslist.

Comment

I was wondering where this story was going to end up! The new owner went silent for a long time. Glad to see its going to get a new owner that might be able to finish it off nicely.
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mottati View Post

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...331683334.html
              I saw this the other day too, still hasn't been smogged...

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Just read through this, I may have missed but why did you sell?
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by mottati View Post

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...331683334.html
                  Yep, that's my old touring! Thanks for sharing the link.

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                  I was wondering where this story was going to end up! The new owner went silent for a long time. Glad to see its going to get a new owner that might be able to finish it off nicely.
                  I was wondering the same thing since I hadn't heard from the new owner in a while. I hope that car will be back on the road being enjoyed again soon!

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                  I saw this the other day too, still hasn't been smogged...
                  It's such a shame that the new owner never got it registered. :sad: I know he put a lot of effort into getting it to pass and even swapped the engine from the original M20B20 to an M20B25, but it looks like he ran out of runway.

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                  Just read through this, I may have missed but why did you sell?
                  The only reason I sold it is because I had an opportunity I couldn't turn down to import my current car (a '94 316i design edition touring) and needed to sell the 320i to make that happen. I still miss the 320i though!

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
                    Yep, that's my old touring! Thanks for sharing the link.

I was wondering the same thing since I hadn't heard from the new owner in a while. I hope that car will be back on the road being enjoyed again soon!

It's such a shame that the new owner never got it registered. :sad: I know he put a lot of effort into getting it to pass and even swapped the engine from the original M20B20 to an M20B25, but it looks like he ran out of runway.

The only reason I sold it is because I had an opportunity I couldn't turn down to import my current car (a '94 316i design edition touring) and needed to sell the 320i to make that happen. I still miss the 320i though!
                    Thanks for the update, I went back and looked at your sig and realized I missed the new car you bought:)
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                    X