Jerkin with my Jensen #19998 (11/6)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • QUKBMER
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver
    You should totally chop up the CA car for parts to save the red car. Just swapping in a new engine seems a little too simple...
    That's the spirit !!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    ...Complete interior, etc. Owner got it in 1977. Suspects burnt exhaust valves. I'll just swap the engine with the runner in my red car and be done.
    You should totally chop up the CA car for parts to save the red car. Just swapping in a new engine seems a little too simple...

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    Push it out into the pasture that thing is a rust farm.
    Wot, le red one?

    Yeah, it's turning into parts. The green one no run, PO suspects burnt valves. The red one runs, so I'll reseal the engine and pop it into the green one and drive it.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Push it out into the pasture that thing is a rust farm.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I looked at a '63 TR4 today. Going to pick that one up too as the reliable British car.

    It'll need some work, but the price is right and I'm a sucker.

    Goddamn am I a sucker....

    Sidenote, the 318Ti Clubsport is totally for sale for cheap....so come get it someone...

    Leave a comment:


  • QUKBMER
    replied
    All i have to say is,you messing with old British cars. You are one very brave man Slammin. :up::up::up:

    Leave a comment:


  • Razor1981
    replied
    Cool little car! New one looks way better lol

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Pics of the "new" one. Much more car for the money than I got the first time around. I won't get to see it until May though. :/







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 02-08-2017, 07:38 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    i might have a spot it can hang at for a bit

    pm me some deets

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930
    Was it always in SF? A San Francisco car isn't really the same as a CA Desert car. I think it would be easier to fix the cowl piece and be done with it. That SF car may be rust free, but it certainly isn't a guarantee.
    Mostly I bought it for the 5sp and hardtop....it's a 75 and it's pretty late in the Serial numbers: 19998

    It was cheap too.....$1k.....I'll be close to $2k invested when I get it here. Got detailed pics and had friends out there stop by and check it out. It's a winner. Way more car than I got with the first one. Complete interior, etc. Owner got it in 1977. Suspects burnt exhaust valves. I'll just swap the engine with the runner in my red car and be done.

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Was it always in SF? A San Francisco car isn't really the same as a CA Desert car. I think it would be easier to fix the cowl piece and be done with it. That SF car may be rust free, but it certainly isn't a guarantee.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    So I just bought a replacement Jensen Healey in San Francisco. 12/30/1974. It's a 5sp dogleg Getrag instead of the 4 speed unit in the early cars and, being a Cali car, it's got virtually no rot...especially compared to the red one I have.

    Only problem is it's 3000 miles away.

    Anyone on the left coast have a place I can have the thing towed to to store it until I can arrange shipping/pickup?

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied




    Rebuilt the carbs, put them on and started it. This is after a couple tries, but I consider it the first official start.

    Then to see if it moved. It does. No brakes though.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 11-02-2016, 05:42 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewBird
    So naive... :p
    Hehehe....there are other spots that I haven't mentioned here, but I know about.

    The floor pans and rockers are fine lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    I know, lol, I've gone rust hunting and am confident I've found it all.
    So naive... :p

    Leave a comment:

Working...