Jerkin with my Jensen #19998 (11/6)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    So, I made my goal....got the car to the Brit car show in October. This thing is so much fucking fun to drive!




    Finally got my plate.



    ....annnnd a note from the VA DMV that the title is fucky in Cali....so I'm in talks with the original owner out there trying to get it sorted. I think the VA DMV is just too dumb to sort an original Cali pink slip....but anyway....they gave me tags and reg so I'll drive the thing every now and then. It's such a blast.
    man....i hate british cars with the heat and intensity of a thousand suns. with that said, good on you man. hope you get a shitload of enjoyment out of that thing before she disappoints you in the in the same way you might come home to find a cheating wife in mid stroke with the ups guy. oh...wait...was that my outside voice? sorry man.... carry on!!!!!!

    seriously, though.....awesome!

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Jerkin with my Jensen #19998 (11/6)

    Originally posted by flyboyx
    none of your pics work!


    Seriously?



    Dammnit....I hate pics.

    Edit: fixed.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 11-28-2017, 10:42 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    none of your pics work!

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Jerkin with my Jensen #19998 (11/6)

    So, I made my goal....got the car to the Brit car show in October. This thing is so much fucking fun to drive!





    Finally got my plate.



    ....annnnd a note from the VA DMV that the title is fucky in Cali....so I'm in talks with the original owner out there trying to get it sorted. I think the VA DMV is just too dumb to sort an original Cali pink slip....but anyway....they gave me tags and reg so I'll drive the thing every now and then. It's such a blast.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 11-28-2017, 10:40 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    looks like a lot of interchangeable parts with the tr7 i used to have.

    that one looks like a lot better project than the red car. personally, i would run away like a scared little girl. over the years,i have developed this deep seated hatred for anything british. kudos to you man.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Is there anything from the red car left?

    You should remove those bumpers, it will be much faster with all that weight dropped off. What do they look like in Europe without those crazy DOT bumps?
    I've just got to cut out the floors and rockers, they were replaced in the red car and are still good. Otherwise nope.

    ....except the bumpers. It's got the early chrome bumpers. Those may go on this car eventually. I may just leave the rear bumperless....looks so good and lets face it....any rear end collision is going to do the car in anyway. The rear section I'm going to paint black, like this:



    That car has the early bumpers.

    Front I wanna go for this look:



    Going to strip the bumper and see what's under it for a frame etc and work with that if I can. We'll see....in due time.

    Hood is going to be black as well....for now. My do a green double stripe up the driver's side.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Is there anything from the red car left?

    You should remove those bumpers, it will be much faster with all that weight dropped off. What do they look like in Europe without those crazy DOT bumps?

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    "Barn" find...

    [ATTACH]115650[/ATTACH]

    http://jalopnik.com/this-dilapidated...eti-1796843968
    That's about as bad as my red JH, lol!

    More update on the green car:

    Shifter rebuild it basically done. I do need to replace the rubber mount at the back of the carrier, but I'm going to do some delrin for that. Sucker is pretty quick, I'm surprised. 7k redline and it goes all the way there.

    Probably going to end up going through the carbs. Idle creeps up as it gets warmer and it tries to diesel sometimes.

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    "Ran when parked."

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    "Barn" find...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxx.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	7192366

    Sometimes, when I’m on Craigslist or Ebay, I come upon a car whose condition takes my breath away, and makes me wonder how the hell any vehicle could ever descend into such a miserable state. This Jensen Interceptor is one such example.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    Man, that engine really lays on its side, doesn't it? Didn't realize that.
    Forty-five degrees.

    They actually have spacers on the engine mounts so the headers don't hit the body of the Jensen.

    Damn Lotus. Chassis builders, NOT engine builders for sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Man, that engine really lays on its side, doesn't it? Didn't realize that.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Update:

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Jerkin with my Jensen, II

    Is it time for an update?

    I think so.

    So, although it ran, it had a heavy miss. Broke out the infrared thermometer and measured the temps of the headers......cylinder 3 was half the temp of the other four. Compression test, 120, 120, 60, 120 (-ish). Suspect a burned valve on #3....they're notorious for that. Whateves. Did comp test on the red car's engine, 155, 150, 155, 160.

    Done.

    So I swapped the engine.

    While it was out I checked the valve clearances, they were all on the loose side of spec. Good. They tighten up as they wear. I popped the carbs from the Cali car onto the new engine, repaired a vacuum leak where someone had broken a fitting off the front carb, and fired it up.










    /Done.

    I've been putting things back together since. Driveline, cooling system, etc. Fuel tank is totally dry and clean inside. There wasn't a drop of fuel in the system. That is awaiting install after I finish the trunk refurb.

    One thing I've yet to do is swap the front brake calipers. They are both absolutely stuck. Gonna pull the ones from the red car and see how they are, then go from there.

    Otherwise the thing is coming along nicely. I'm stoked to get it driving. Haven't had much time to really dedicate to it recently.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 06-22-2017, 07:36 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...