No announcement yet.

Lazurblau 325i project thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good candidate for a S62 swap... isnt there a shop that does that? Maybe they can just take the roller for most of what you paid for the car
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ive been debating on a full part out or trying to get rid of the roller, definitely going to try and sell the m5 wheels.
      1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
      1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
      E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

M60 isn't going in your e30?
        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

It is, I think 2man was saying the e38 roller would make a good candidate for someone else to swap something in it.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Your car is going to be sick with an m60. When do you think the swap is going to happen?
            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
              Ive been debating on a full part out or trying to get rid of the roller, definitely going to try and sell the m5 wheels.
              you can have them bring you rollers as part of the sale, are they actual /M wheels?

It is, I think 2man was saying the e38 roller would make a good candidate for someone else to swap something in it.
              correct, rather than getting stuck with a car with no motor, no wheels and half an interior, it could be a good roller for someone else who wants to do the S62 swap
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                Your car is going to be sick with an m60. When do you think the swap is going to happen?
                I haven't established a timeline yet. A lot of preparation still needs to be done, and more parts need to be acquired, it will be a long road ahead. But step one was actually finding a suitable engine and transmission.
                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                you can have them bring you rollers as part of the sale, are they actual /M wheels?
                Yes, genuine style 65s

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Yes, genuine style 65s
                  Those alone can nearly pay for the car
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

They aren't flawless tho, they do have some rash.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

I'd say you're getting pretty sweet deals here. Thats a cheap donor.
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

M60 swap

I'm kind new to this big project planning stuff so here is my basic "parts list". I will more than likely just update this post as the swap progresses.
                        M60b40 - Probably wont do a full rebuild, but will do all new gaskets, seals, and other items that need attention. I'll find out more as I dig into it.

Drivetrain - 5speed box, ttv custom flywheel, s52 clutch kit. I've read an e36 328 manual driveshaft is the way to go, but does anyone know if these can be used on m6x swaps to retain the stock driveshaft? I've also currently got eyes on an open 2.93 diff (for now).

Cooling - currently have an s54 rad in the e30 right now, going to keep that. SPAL 16" pusher, temp sensor.

Exhaust - Havent started planning for this too much yet. Will work on this more when the time comes, but going to be using x5 4.4 manifolds from garagistic.

Fuel - Walbro 255lph in tank pump

Brakes - Currently have rx7 calipers and corrado rotors in storage, may go that route or sell and go with the Massive export kit here. Going with booster relocation, and have eyes on an e34 booster setup.

Suspension/chassis - Ultimate goal is ground control coilovers. Will be doing front and rear subframe reinforcement at some point, probably secondary diff mount. Replace all bushings with 80A poly.

I know there is a lot more that I'm not mentioning. I'm putting together a much more in depth "project journal", which I will be referring to, this post is just to outline my overall plan.
                        Last edited by TheWipprSnappr; 07-17-2018, 11:55 AM.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

what about wiring? are there harness adapters? Can you just use the DME from the m60 car or do you need to make modifications to it?
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

As far as I know the DME in the donor does not have EWS so I can use it unmodified. Garagistic has a plug and play harness but I might do the harness my self to save some money.

There is technically no budget for this build but I'm still going to try and cut costs where I can.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Heck if there is no budget, then I would be doing an LS swap.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Lol I guess there is no "exact" budget. I wouldnt say its a "budget-build" but it definitely isn't a "money's-no-issue build". Still not trying to spend a fortune. Going with the m60 because I knew a little about the swap anyway from following other m60 swap build threads.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Working...
                                X