No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing a little side work for Metallated in exchange for car parts today.

Comment

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

3.73 limited slip. Gonna replace the clutches and seals before I throw it in.

Comment

35lb/ft breakaway torque...... definitely needs clutches.

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
          35lb/ft breakaway torque...... definitely needs clutches.
          I mean we knew it needed new clutches but that's just aweful, pretty much an open

Are you thinking about adding a 3rd clutch pack for better lockup?

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
            I mean we knew it needed new clutches but that's just aweful, pretty much an open

Are you thinking about adding a 3rd clutch pack for better lockup?

Probably not. At least not now. Those are expensive little buggers. lol.

I made you a set of mounting studs for putting the diff back in your car tonight too.

Comment

Expansion tank:

The discolored plastic tank drove me crazy and they’re over $100 for a replacement, so I made my own.

Now you need to grind off/cover up the BMW logo on the intake!

Comment

Doing a little side work for Metallated in exchange for car parts today.
                Didn't notice you posted these! Incredible work and definitely now the nicest part of my car :)

Can't thank you enough.

Comment

See posts #80 and #87 in this thread
                  oh man. This thing is gonna just keep getting better
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                    Now you need to grind off/cover up the BMW logo on the intake!

I have an extra intake on hand to clean up/mess with, but I’m debating if it’s worth the effort to swap, or just wait and finish my ITBs instead.

Comment

ITBs is the obvious choice

Comment

I have an extra intake on hand to clean up/mess with, but I’m debating if it’s worth the effort to swap, or just wait and finish my ITBs instead.

Ohh I see. That is much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

While I’m messing with other stuff and trying to round up cash for my diff rebuild I started thinking (like I always seem to do) “what can I do to upgrade this?” I looked at finned diff covers, but those prices are crazy! So I made a set of bolt on cooling fins. Will the heat transfer be the same....no, not at all. Will it actually do anything....no idea. I do know that thermal mass and conduction “could” play a part in this cooling the diff, but mostly it just kinda looks cool.

“I mustache you a question about diff fins”

Also, my thought was by thinning it out some at the mounting ears if I clip something the fins can be sacrificial and break off. Then I can just bolt another set on.

Comment

yeah it sucks, prices of everything have gone way up. I'm glad I bought my cover when I did, it was only $50!

How much heat transfer you think you'll get out of that thing? I'd think you'd want to attach to the existing fins somehow.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

WOW!

That exhaust is money
                              Come make me splitters! I have cash ready for you

xoxo
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

While I’m messing with other stuff and trying to round up cash for my diff rebuild I started thinking (like I always seem to do) “what can I do to upgrade this?” I looked at finned diff covers, but those prices are crazy! So I made a set of bolt on cooling fins. Will the heat transfer be the same....no, not at all. Will it actually do anything....no idea. I do know that thermal mass and conduction “could” play a part in this cooling the diff, but mostly it just kinda looks cool.

“I mustache you a question about diff fins”

Also, my thought was by thinning it out some at the mounting ears if I clip something the fins can be sacrificial and break off. Then I can just bolt another set on.
                                It's a new trend: Diffstach!

I have no clue if it wil do anything but am amazed at your creativity & ability.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X