X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that insurance has looked at it, it’s time to start tear down

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
      Well, as expected the current issue is the adjuster came back with a fairly low repair estimate (as compared to the shop I stopped by the day this all happened). The plus is he wasn’t interested in totaling it at all. The negative is that he booked it low expecting a body shop to submit supplemental invoices. If I repair it, I can’t submit for supplementals, so I’m reevaluating the path forward.

Not sure how friendly you are with the body shop, but they may take a payment kicker to let you do the work and sign off on it for the insurance company. It's a win-win for both parties. Track you materials and labor as if the shop was doing all the work. It's not much different than my local friend recently getting in an accident with an uninsured motorist. To save the high deductible the body shop let him supply all the parts, and even install them himself (he is a BMW dealer tech), they basically just did the respray and he reassembled.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        Not sure how friendly you are with the body shop, but they may take a payment kicker to let you do the work and sign off on it for the insurance company. It's a win-win for both parties. Track you materials and labor as if the shop was doing all the work. It's not much different than my local friend recently getting in an accident with an uninsured motorist. To save the high deductible the body shop let him supply all the parts, and even install them himself (he is a BMW dealer tech), they basically just did the respray and he reassembled.

Yeah, that’s kind of the path I’m headed down. More than likely I’ll do all the bodywork, tear down, prep and cut in and just have them shoot the whole car.

Comment

Some pics taken by the photographer doing the video shoot for PNWWagonfest last Sunday. Give him a follow IG: @woyshnis.media . I’m going to load them full size in case anyone wants to use them for other stuff. Last photos of it in this configuration

Comment

i saw a amazon today must be the only color they come in.
            Sweet Volvo by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

All the more reason for me to paint this thing.

Comment

Why no silver? White or Silver would be killer

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                  Why no silver? White or Silver would be killer

Working on a Pshop of the final color combo (well, having the Pshop done for me)

Comment

Oh, is this it??

Click image for larger version

Name:	aee42177554b8c61b9ebf9841c000b17--volvo--volvo-amazon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	7201127

Comment

a derivative of silver would be my vote of the colors you have posted. one of those blue metalics would be nice, but not so sure that would go with a red interior.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Definitely bold!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          a derivative of silver would be my vote of the colors you have posted. one of those blue metalics would be nice, but not so sure that would go with a red interior.
                          Lachssilber/
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

This is how you ship calipers when you don’t want FedEx to chip up the hard work again (also when you like building over the top stuff)

I included the socket I had to grind down to fit in the recess in the bottom. The calipers are bolted through the bottom with standoffs and nuts on the inside so they can’t back out. I just hope they don’t take it as a challenge and really beat the crap out of it.

Comment

OUT-standing!

Comment

Wow! I have never seen boxes that were works of art! (nice calipers too) lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X