No announcement yet.

The Blunderwagon - 89 325iX touring 3.1L stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking cd changer (Nakamichi) to set off the Borbets, at least a visor holder (Case Logic).

Comment

2022 update! I put an iS lip on and treated the shadowline trim with a magic liquid that made it black again.

I also changed out the injectors for some M30 19# units, which has produced a very radical change in drivability. The car used to idle very poorly and burn/spit a lot of sooty oily condensation out of the tailpipe on startup. It looks like the injectors I got with the motor were not closing when the car was off, so they were pouring gasoline down the cylinders and breaking the oil ring seal. Hopefully this has not accelerated any wear in the motor..

In any case, it smells a *little* better now. Still not 100%, and it still needs some motor love, but at least it can idle and the smoke clouds when you launch it have gotten a bit smaller.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Yessss
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

"[I] treated the shadowline trim with a magic liquid that made it black again."

Please let us know your secret! We promise not to tell anyone.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IOMDVWA/ - Gtechniq C4

super happy with it. although, you can definitely feel your brain cells die when you inhale it. apply in a ventilated area.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IOMDVWA/ - Gtechniq C4

super happy with it. although, you can definitely feel your brain cells die when you inhale it. apply in a ventilated area.
              Great that we finally got another update on the car :)

I used something similar on my iX Touring, Gyeon Q² Trim it's some kind of ceramic coating meant for plastics
              1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
              1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

neat car, hadn't seen this thread before. my stroker ix engine doesn't have a worked head but does have a turbo. i wonder how much that plays into the performance. What differential ratios does this car have? 3.91?
                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

It's got 4:10 diffs, it was an auto car originally.

> Great that we finally got another update on the car :)

it's been a long pandemic! hoping to have a steady trickle of updates eventually. I've also been busy with an E24 project.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Nice thread on the e24, i need to follow that thread more closely along with this one. I met the guy with the beard (peter maybe?) who built the diesel 911 at last years 2021 HPR 24 hours of lemons here in colorado.

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

2022 update!
                      Theres a few more threads that need 2022 updates also
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

2023 update!

lol
                        cars beep boop

Comment

a slightly more interesting update:

Julien explained to me that european E30s had a feature where opening the front doors would turn on the power window circuit and allow you to operate the windows without turning the car on. This, of course, didn't work in the blunderwagon, and neither did the dome light circuit. We tore into the kick panels to try to sort it out and found that the dome light contact switches had been crossed up with the tweeter wiring, gotten partially fried, and ended up a confused mess. Some editing later, both the dome lights and door-open window functionality works again.

A friend also had a set of E30 tweeters in his stash and contributed them to the cause, since the wagon was pre-wired for them and had front premium speakers installed for some reason. This is the first E30 I've had with working tweeters and it's better than I thought it would be.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

2023 update!
                            F

Lol. I have a lot of catching up to do since I missed a lot of the 2010's on here.

1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

a slightly more interesting update:

Julien explained to me that european E30s had a feature where opening the front doors would turn on the power window circuit and allow you to operate the windows without turning the car on. This, of course, didn't work in the blunderwagon, and neither did the dome light circuit. We tore into the kick panels to try to sort it out and found that the dome light contact switches had been crossed up with the tweeter wiring, gotten partially fried, and ended up a confused mess. Some editing later, both the dome lights and door-open window functionality works again.

A friend also had a set of E30 tweeters in his stash and contributed them to the cause, since the wagon was pre-wired for them and had front premium speakers installed for some reason. This is the first E30 I've had with working tweeters and it's better than I thought it would be.
                              yep the euro cars had wired in. You can roll down the windows or open the sunroof without inserting the key. manual window cars obvously didn't have this

Comment

Thing's hot. Wish they were more common
                                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Working...
                                X