This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread delivers.
    where the hell are you that you are near a les schwab.
    try bymar tire in mission viejo if you really are in newport.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
      They drive it around the block to test everything.
      i've had dozens of alignments in the last 20+ years of car ownership and really good shops do test drives after. basic shops give you a printout and get you out of there asap. if you're into that type of alignment (which your car isn't ready for imo. think coilovers, corner balanced, track prep, etc) go to Bullet performance, they love e30s and will take care of you plus they're not far from you, costa mesa. i'm sure they'll do a basic alignment for you as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

does this look bad?

Did my best by hand
        Last edited by Sonny; 05-07-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Exactly

They normally test drive it afterwards. Do not let them go got a test drive BEFORE do the alignment. I had this one shop disappear on me for 20 minutes.....some BS rule they needed to feel the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
            They normally test drive it afterwards. Do not let them go got a test drive BEFORE do the alignment. I had this one shop disappear on me for 20 minutes.....some BS rule they needed to feel the car.

What exactly do i say to the shop ?

Comment

Thats weird that the paint flaked off the fender so easily. Is it the original fender?
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Thats weird that the paint flaked off the fender so easily. Is it the original fender?

It’s all metal it seems to be original , somehow paint seems like it was double layered at roof what do you think?
                Last edited by Sonny; 05-07-2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Shop

I would simply ask them if they will test drive the car BEFORE they do the alignment when you call for an appointment (or check on their prices). If they say yes, go elsewhere. Most shops wont test drive the car before the alignment. It was clear to me, the tech that disappeared was out for a joy ride.

Comment

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

All old rusted bumper screws replaced. Did not know stainless existed. Will redo all bolts tommorow, spent $2

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post

All old rusted bumper screws replaced. Did not know stainless existed. Will redo all bolts tommorow, spent $2

Stainless isn’t as strong as the OEM bolts. I made the same mistake with my Roadster. Make sure you get the similar grade hardware. Evaporust will help the stock hardware too
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Stainless isn’t as strong as the OEM bolts. I made the same mistake with my Roadster. Make sure you get the similar grade hardware. Evaporust will help the stock hardware too

Wow, your fucking awesome. Thanks!

Comment

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

Will going out to get a can of Liquid Film help to protect this ?

Comment

You want to be careful to not use something that will react with the existing rubber coating on the car, that happened to me and isn't fun. I'd leave it alone if there is no rust, or epoxy primer over it, and apply a rubberized coating of your choice.
                            I do things.

Comment

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                              You want to be careful to not use something that will react with the existing rubber coating on the car, that happened to me and isn't fun. I'd leave it alone if there is no rust, or epoxy primer over it, and apply a rubberized coating of your choice.
                              Yes your correct it had made my door gasket swell and pop out, did not know this.

Is Permatex Silver safe to use ?

Or I’ll just use epoxy primer and shut up, thanks!

Comment

SprayMax 2K Activated EPOXY Primer Black 3680034 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXPQ814..._a.Y6CbE9WJSJC

3M 03584 Professional Grade Rubberized Undercoating - 16 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002H9CMCQ..._2.Y6CbD8EF9CJ
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X