Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just finished putting in harder motor mounts. Fucking chore with my skid plate. Probably took a good 2 hours.
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

such a simple job, can't believe i've waited this long to do it...
      Black headlight rings!

Step 1: remove swanky euro grilles, unscrew headlight rings, support headlights with generous amount of tape

Step 2: clean/scuff rings, used a blue scotch-brite pad and warm water + dish soap

Step 3: 2 coats of self-etching primer, relax for 30 minutes

Step 4: top coat, 3 coats and some of time to cure before reinstallation, I'm gonna give them 3-4 hours. 90 degrees, 44%RH I think that should be more than enough

Busted to shit, I wish I had access to a media blaster and fresh headlight rings
      Attached Files
      Last edited by imsotyerred; 06-22-2012, 11:47 AM.
      BRUTE

Comment

Just finished removing the exhaust from both of my cars. Going to swap them so my auto will be a lot quieter. Doing IE headers and custom exhaust on my 5sp. This should be fun...
        '02 Outback wagon
        '87 325is 5sp
        '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

Euro grills on the new s50 e30 i just bought today!!!!

Comment

I now have a working Speedo for the first time in 2 years :)

feelsgoodbro.
            Attached Files
            Tim.

Comment

Worked on a little tuning - accel enrichment, idle and such. It can't be driven until the brake lines are replaced :(
              1997 540i/6 - stock
              1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
              1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

FUUUUUUUUUU.

From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
                Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

front end refresher

So it all started as a loose front bumper, i knew this could be an easy fix so i decided to just stare at the car for a sec and think of more stuff to do while i had the chance. So i tucked my front bumper about 1 1/2", replaced some burnt out lights (one fog light and one side trim light) took the headlights out and painted the mounts and the rings, and yes reattached the front bumper! so heres the pics (sorry for the cell pics)

ok so first i cut the front plate, it was cracked anyway so it just seemed like the right thing to do, and im pleased with the look

then i found these VERY important screws decided they didnt like being in the car with me

these looked shit so they had to be painted

and now

It just seems right that whenever u take something off u clean real good around it, just seems moral...

bumper is back on and tucked :)

so next up is fixing the janky looking trim around the bumper and some lower springs!!!!! anyone selling any with about a 2" drop pm me :D

hope u likedmy tasteful mods!

Comment

Going to be replacing the temp switch/harness plug on my swap today, the stock M20 switch I had in there went bad, so now my SPAL isn't coming on.

Comment

replaced the stock aux fan with a 2000cfm Spal, new AC condenser (with custom mounts for the Spal), and a strip/repaint of the front valance and grilles.

Front valance needed to be done because of the rock chips showing the white paint under my blue (some local members said it looked like tartar on a dirty set of teeth :D) the rock guard shit is a pain in the ass to remove, but the end result looks LOTS better than before. Still need to reinstall the fogs, and repaint the brake ducts (need new plastic bullshit clips) and the front end will be good looking once again.

Hopefully the larger Spal helps with the hot(ter) running that I was getting in the car, kept creeping up at idle and over 70mph on freeway. Thinking the condenser was about shot due to high head pressures on the high side, so that should help as well.

Overall, a day shot to shit with little visable to show for the work done.....
                      I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by davey101 View Post
                        My first timing belt job! I'm pleased to say my valves didn't bend!!!

I also got to install my new valve cover
                        Hey man! Is that the Bavarian strut bar? I need to do my tb soon too
                        www.instagram.com/snwmble
                        #snwmble

Current:
                        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Installed my new cluster

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Made a visit to Pick-N-Pull to get a new seatbelt receptical. Ended up getting a minty black rear seat, and rear interior panels, and sunroof crank parts, and power window switch, and a new to me rear emblem to replace the one that someone had decided they wanted to make theirs.
                            85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Finished lowering it.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                              Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

-Took out the engine, box & diff from 318iS
                                -Continued to take off body parts from the black 316 (getting it ready for painting)
                                -Cut more holes to "the other" 316
                                -Sold the wheels of a 318i.
                                -Took out and sold a rear trailing arm from "the other" 318i.

Well, not all of this today. That's what I've been up to these last couple of days.. Much to do yet..

Comment

Working...
                                X