Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mikeedler any chance you could take a picture of your M's windshield like eric took?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Fixed a massive oil leak after discovering that the timing chain tensioner cap was torqued to about half of what it should have been.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Pulled off front DB bumper only to discover that when the PO had rear-ended someone, not only did the shocks get compressed but so did the frame rails! they are all mangled and bent for the first 1" or so, and the shock mounts/flanges are all bent to hell too.

Now I can't get the old shocks out, which means no new shocks and no new plastic bumper :(

Comment

Take pictahs. There is a way we can make it work. There is always a way, even if its ghetto VW stylez.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
            it will fit right in, no problem, you just need to buy the seal for the M3 too. At the local parts store here in Bamberg, a NEW stock e30 windshield is aonly about 50 euros. M3 is over 100 at the stealer with my discount. Dont really know if its going to add that much stifness though.
            Im pretty sure they do add a whole lot of stiffness. its kind of like a piller brace.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              Im pretty sure they do add a whole lot of stiffness. its kind of like a piller brace.
              that's why i thought the M3 had it, cause you could use lighter thinner glass, and it's much stiffer.

my german friend ralf says that if you take both front and rear windows out of an old audi 80 (both glued in) at the same time, the frame twists and the car will never be the same again!
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Buying another car today...late model.

Comment

full black interior swap
                  1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                  1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                  1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                  1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                    full black interior swap
                    Lets see pics of ur interior swap. I want to do it to my e30 too.

Comment

I added two extra coil outputs to the motronic ECU plug.. what a bitch!
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I didn't do it today, actually a couple weeks ago.. But I just found the thread...

I put an M90 supercharger on my E30, the 85 325. Before you start going crazy, I have spent the last year and a half totally rebuilding the car. This is one of the final steps.. It's done up for street and track..

She runs like no other car I've ever had !
                        sigpic

Comment

finished putting on M3 springs and new shocks and took it for a drive (thanks E30 Groupie for the help!)
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

how does it feel? noticeably better?
                            I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
                              how does it feel? noticeably better?
                              well one of my front shocks were completly dead so i was pretty much riding on a spring so the front end does feel tighter and more buttoned-down. its also lower by about 1/2 inch in the front. havent measured the back yet. the handling feels more "awake" than before with less body roll. i am overall impressed:p
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

cool. ALL my shocks are dead I took them off the car more than a month ago, compressed them by hand (easily) they havent rebounded AT ALL. :)
                                I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

Working...
                                X