This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drove it.

it was glorious, even if it was just around the block...
    Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
    driving boards?

Comment

got crack in my 3 week old basepan welded (****** pot holes) and fixed motor mount.

Comment

Started working on getting the head back into the car after replacing a broken rocker. It's a slow process when one does not know much in the way of mechanical, following the manual step by step.

Cursed, drank some liquid courage, cursed some more, remembered I am a painter and not a mechanic, drank again.

Brought home a pint of Bronzit in Spies Hecker to paint my primed fenders :D
        Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
        Originally posted by J3M93
        This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

drove it a little and then put back in the garage, fuck!!! eta and windy day so fuckin slow.!!!! its like taking me an hour to just get from 0-40MPH hahahaha.
          Originally posted by e30e
          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Well this was from the last 3 days:

-Added Bilstein Sports the rear
            -Replaced Shock mounts with HD mounts
            -Threw in rear Eibach pros (just testing to see how i like them)
            -Nearly maxed out a credit card for all these parts
            -I got her CAB's pressed in the lollipops
            -Laid out the tierods, CA's and front shocks(going in this friday or saturday)
            -Bought her moter and trans. mounts
            -put intake back together

-slept in front seat for 3 hours
            -ah then ordered her a rear euro plate filler
            -repainted most front trim and grills
            -almost forgot, installed a lock delete glovebox latch

Comment

is Eibach pros good for a DD.

Comment

Finally got the new e36 M3 rack in, only to find the stock e30 hoses don't fit because the racks have there fitting in different places. One new e36 line is like $175, so it looks like I will be bending my old ones to fit. Got the DS, heat shields and muffler back on though, and tonight I think I wil be able to finish up the rear end and get it back on the ground!

Comment

I drove mine to work. Glares and stares as always in the digi.

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                  is Eibach pros good for a DD.
                  Personally I would go with H&R Sports. Eibach's are known to be softer and ride lower than H&R Sports. It's up to you, and what sort of ride / stance you want.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                  Finally got the new e36 M3 rack in, only to find the stock e30 hoses don't fit because the racks have there fitting in different places. One new e36 line is like $175, so it looks like I will be bending my old ones to fit. Got the DS, heat shields and muffler back on though, and tonight I think I wil be able to finish up the rear end and get it back on the ground!
                  I used some E30 hoses as well, it didn't take much bending. Probably 10 degrees on each fitting.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Realized all of the detailing crap that i have and did a good cleanup.
                    DA buffer=super easy polishing, waxing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Man, it's been a busy week or so...too tired to remember it all. haha

Yesterday:
                      - FINALLY got my turn signals working again.
                      - Drove it to work
                      - Car died on the way home. Spent 4 hours waiting for the tow truck to bring it home. Alternator seemed to not be charging the battery for some reason and I just lost all juice. A jump got me 1/4 of a mile before the car died again.

Today I took a half day from work to try and get this thing sorted out, praying it wasn't the Alt that went bad (a pretty recent Reman). Read something about the clusters in these early cars that made me suspect that it could be part of the issue, so I got to work...

- Removed old VDO cluster (dead speedo, odo, tach was ~1k off, funky temp gauge) for the 600th time in the past few days. Checked the SI Board removal jumper I soldered up and it was broken. Doh!
                      - Swapped in a spare Motometer cluster I have and, holy shit, everything but the temp gauge works! Even the econometer! I forgot what it was like to have gauges haha. Put about 10 miles on the car and so far so good on the charging issue...guess we'll see if the cluster was really the culprit.
                      - Did my manual window conversion.
                      - Reinstalled the center consoles - it's looking more like a car again!

Over the past few days I also got my new dash in, new head unit, and cleaned up some other wiring.
                      ::: Present -- '87 325e, '95 525i
                      ::: Past -- '91 318i, '95 540i/6, '85 323i Euro, '86 325es, '86 325e, '84 318i

Comment

I blew a fuse, and tried to fix my nonoperational door to no avail. dammit.

Comment

Installed euro grills
                          Knew shift knob
                          reinstalled repaired cluster
                          swapped out washer fluid level sender with 2 (two) new ones and none of them work. argh.
                          Discovered a problem with my brakes/ABS
                          1991 Diamondschwarz 325i 5spd (SOLD)
                          1989 Zinno 325i 5spd (NEW)
                          2000 Nissan Maxima GLS Rollin' Phat (DD)

Comment

The God of Thunder returns!!!!

Got tranny reinstalled and when for a drive. I have a 3" collector right before where the cat used to be and I drove around for a bit with only that much of an exhaust. Clutch feels great, probably twice as heavy as it was before but it feels proper and tight now. So much fun to drive my car again.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

[
                              Personally I would go with H&R Sports. Eibach's are known to be softer and ride lower than H&R Sports. It's up to you, and what sort of ride / stance you want.

.[/quote]

well where i live we have big pat holes, big ass bumps, and shit so yah, and snows like crazy in winter

Comment

Changed my rocker plugs and VC gasket. Motor isnt leaking vacuum any more, but still ticks like a timebomb.

Comment

Working...
                                X