No announcement yet.

Full Build Thread - '94 E30 saloon racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those were standard refurbished calipers, Hawk HT10 pads en Sandtler discs. They sucked and broke :

Just received the rear brakekit from Lee, so they are ready for fitment :

E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
    E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

hot damn!

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

That is tight, how much did it set you back?

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
        :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

cool build. odd to see so many new and clean parts on an e30
          sigpic

Comment

nice build, I thought the only e30 shells made in 94 were the last of the verts. It should pretty much fly with the s50, and those brakes are amazing! Care to share the cost? ;)

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Why the h&r coilover kit instead of c3 or ground control? Are the dampeners adjustable? When you buy the h&r kit does it come with new front housings?
              '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

Originally posted by elsabor67 View Post
                That is tight, how much did it set you back?
                Enough ;) we will see what it brings us on the track. Current brakesystem isn't sufficient.

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                nice build, I thought the only e30 shells made in 94 were the last of the verts. It should pretty much fly with the s50, and those brakes are amazing! Care to share the cost? ;)
                True, but this was one from the factory parts. Has been in base for 12 years.

Originally posted by var1ant View Post
                Why the h&r coilover kit instead of c3 or ground control? Are the dampeners adjustable? When you buy the h&r kit does it come with new front housings?
                Why not? The H&R is a pretty good set value for money wise and it's actually a pretty nice set to drive on the track. A nice upgrade would be the Moton 1-way set.

When you buy the H&R set, you send them your frontstruts and they fit the suspension in them.
                E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Originally posted by Tom944 View Post

When you buy the H&R set, you send them your frontstruts and they fit the suspension in them.
                  Please tell me your joking. If thats the case then i'd feel raped.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                    Please tell me your joking. If thats the case then i'd feel raped.
                    Why?
                    E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                    E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                      my touring is a 94.

those brakes are sick!
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I totally missed this whole thread.. Gnarly car, i can dig a purpose built e30 racer!!
                        -Brandon
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom944 View Post
                          Why?
                          Cause 1,800-2,000 grand (not sure what you paid) for a street coil over kit that does not come with a camber kit seems excessive.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Cause 1,800-2,000 grand (not sure what you paid) for a street coil over kit that does not come with a camber kit seems excessive.
                            are you seriuos? i don't know how tom's experience went, but over here you call H&R up and say, "hey i want this; blah blah blah" and once you ship your shit to them they build you what you want. you can even be a dumb ass suspension guy and tell them you'll be driving on the ring, and they will build you a kit for that purpose.

way better than the ass-hats at ground control (minus jay, he's cool) who know enough to throw a few numbers at you to sound cool, and set you up with a kit that works ok at the local SCCA auto-x but doesn't do shit on a real track. oh and there almost non adjustable camber plates are a joke, why i was a dumbass and bought a secon set, i still can't figure out, they are retarded.

sorry if i'm biased, but compaired to the nurburgring, buttonwillow is like preschool

edit: Tom - it looks like you have 4 SL6R calipers, is this correct? is that a custom kit from lee? I'd love to catch a ride in your car if your ever near Spa or the nordschliefe!
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

You we're talking about feeling raped when you send them the struts to coat them and fit the suspension in. Btw, the H&R set costs less here incl Camber / Casterplates, fully adjustable.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              edit: Tom - it looks like you have 4 SL6R calipers, is this correct? is that a custom kit from lee? I'd love to catch a ride in your car if your ever near Spa or the nordschliefe!
                              It are the Superlites, it's the race kit from Lee. We'll never be at the nordschleiffe with the whole Tüv BS. But Spa maybe sometime this year :).
                              E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                              E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Well, it has been some time but I have tested the brakes a few times now. For anyone who is doubting about getting the Massive Brakes kit : get it, get it now. The gain in brakepower is pretty massive. Also the brakes are way more consistent, way more feeling. A great upgrade.

E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                                E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Working...
                                X