No announcement yet.

Empty pockets and lazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you check the banjo bolts. They come loose all on their own. Some guys get drilled banjo bolts that you can safety wire to the oil gally so they will stay in place. (I might be able to help you find a guy that does them. I used to know him from another board) That is about the only weakness in that engine. Otherwise, that thing is pretty much bullet proof.
    1987 E30 325is
    1999 E46 323i
    RIP 1994 E32 740iL
    oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Double post... silly board.
      1987 E30 325is
      1999 E46 323i
      RIP 1994 E32 740iL
      oo=[][]=oo

Comment

nice bro, nait FTW, and how did u get the rear plastic bumper to fit in.
        Originally posted by e30e
        lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
          Make sure you check the banjo bolts. They come loose all on their own. Some guys get drilled banjo bolts that you can safety wire to the oil gally so they will stay in place. (I might be able to help you find a guy that does them. I used to know him from another board) That is about the only weakness in that engine. Otherwise, that thing is pretty much bullet proof.
          Which banjos are you talking about?

When I first got my car, I let my friend drive it and he drifted into a rock. It just tapped the DB and tore it cleanly off of the shocks with no damage to anything else. I new I wanted plastics eventually so I got one and just bolted it on so I could drive it around. I plan on shortening it like Josh did before I paint the car.
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Got my harness and computer yesterday.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

So for the past 2 months I have been held up by the crank case nut being stuck on, and I just found out its reverse threaded :stupid:.Yeah, I know how dumb I am, make fun of me all you want.

Besides for that, I got a new trunk lid, the m20 is still in the car and I have no idea where I will be doing the swap. I'm gonna hold off on paint until next winter and just drive around with a multi colored fast car.
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

did you buy that mount from the guy on e30tech? i have an m30 laying around and when i get the time/money i plan on swapping also
                Originally posted by ebelements
                Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                  So for the past 2 months I have been held up by the crank case nut being stuck on, and I just found out its reverse threaded :stupid:.Yeah, I know how dumb I am, make fun of me all you want.

Besides for that, I got a new trunk lid, the m20 is still in the car and I have no idea where I will be doing the swap. I'm gonna hold off on paint until next winter and just drive around with a multi colored fast car.
                  Dumb Dumb Want some gum gum? lol

Hey man you will be one person with an e30 who will pull off the multi colored look thats for sure.
                  92 Granite Silver Vert
                  M60B40 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                    So for the past 2 months I have been held up by the crank case nut being stuck on, and I just found out its reverse threaded :stupid:.
                    Wow, I can only imagine how tight you got that while going at it trying to loosen it. No biggy, been stumped by reverse thread bolts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
                      did you buy that mount from the guy on e30tech? i have an m30 laying around and when i get the time/money i plan on swapping also
                      Joe (funkmasta) is making mounts on here. I'm buying his soon.
                      Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

The eta is getting exorcized tomorrow.
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

I have exorcized the demons!

This car is clean.

Had a pretty productive day for once. Took my car to a coal place to get it weighed in the morning (it only weighed 2575lbs- I thought these things were like 2700?), then removed the scrap metal from the engine bay. I took some pictures but I left the camera at my friends shop. I'll get it tomorrow if I remember.

Woot!
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

m30 ftw!
                            -His-
                            87 e30 325i
                            87 e24 m6
                            05 e83 x3
                            94 e32 740i 5spd
                            -Hers-
                            89 e30 325i
                            18 f48 x1

Comment

Sorry to be off topic but dude your from the same place as Peter griffin from family guy thats soooooo weird HAHAHAHA

Finally Byron you are doing work. Took you damn long enough. I mean I know the rule is just say no to bronzit but now you should about keeping the eta motor and saying just say no to 5.00/gallon lol JK Goodluck to both you fags yea Cory I know you to lol
                              92 Granite Silver Vert
                              M60B40 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by RedHoodRidah View Post
                                Sorry to be off topic but dude your from the same place as Peter griffin from family guy thats soooooo weird HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by RedHoodRidah View Post
                                Finally Byron you are doing work. Took you damn long enough. I mean I know the rule is just say no to bronzit but now you should about keeping the eta motor and saying just say no to 5.00/gallon lol JK Goodluck to both you fags yea Cory I know you to lol
                                I'm not going to be driving this car far enough to worry about gas prices, and even if I do I'm sure the 2.93 will help me out. I almost diddnt even do this today- I was going to go to NY with Alex to look at a 911, but the guy never picked up his phone.
                                Now all we need to do is find you an s42 to put in your car.
                                Byron
                                Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                                X