Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor part out

Comment

Hey man, Just found this on eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-S14-Engine-Block-2-3-Liter-E30-M3-Motor_W0QQitemZ160298038780QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMoto rs_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1602980387 80&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A1 2|39%3A1|240%3A1318

HTH.
      Originally posted by BillBrasky
      E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
      1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
      1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
      1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
      2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post

Good idea. I know where you can get and M52 for cheap.:)

Comment

I sent you a PM concerning the block... :)

Comment

after much selling and shipping of parts i have accumulated a small chunk of change and a $150 bill with ebay for selling said parts on there. enough actually to almost fully complete a s50 swap. but for some reason im bent on this s14 idea, i really hope its all worth it in the end. and introducing what will power my car:

88k s14 with trans, harness and ecu (yes he has the plenum etc also). im spending *drum roll* $4500 for all of it. the seller is allowing me to pay him what i got right now (3600) and the rest when ever i can get it. which should be soon as ill have the trans and any other parts i cant/dont need to use for sale. the coolest part is....the guy that owns it (55ish and retired) is driving it up to me from tahoe!! i told him id buy him dinner and talk about cars for awhile after delivery. i want to pick his brain as he runs a Henna m3 with a Pete McHenry built aluminum blocked s50 with a Vortech blower on it!!!!! hes running pulled factory fenders to fit 245s front and 275s!! rear. all sitting on Fiske's and looks stock as all hell. he assumes about 475+hp but its never been dynoed either.

so im stoked and hope to be able to update more on the regular as i resume my build!! ill keep you all updated.
            Last edited by smonkbmw; 12-03-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

good news to hear. good luck with the build
              AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

That S14 is purdy...

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Very sexy s14. Don't blame you for wantin to keep the s14 as it would be more fun.

Comment

Sounds like potentially a nice pick-up! Good luck with it :)
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Congrats dude. It takes a lot of balls to see some projects through. This will get you up to speed as quickly as possible, so you can get to the bodywork!

Originally posted by whysimon
                      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Glad to see you're sticking with the S14, I figured you were going with a 6 after the part out :D
                        Chris
                        90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

RuuSt???

I love Cali...

Nice car though hope you finish it asap

Comment

To bad bmw didnt go the same route as porsche and start galvanizing their car.Rust wouldnt be half of an issue as it is :(

Comment

Originally posted by TurkE30 View Post
                              RuuSt???

I love Cali...
                              This was a SoCal car. Got rusty then came to the PNW.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                                glad to see you're sticking with the s14, i figured you were going with a 6 after the part out :d
                                +1
                                Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                                That Guy.
                                03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X