Any progress on the rust repairs?
      my current priority list:
      1. install this s14
      2.get er running proper
      3. section in a new(er) piece of floor pan
      4.reinstall the interior, and my recaro rep seats
      5.rebuild the calipers. new pads, rotors. possibly braided lines
      6. full suspension rebuild. springs, shocks, mounts, sway bar parts etc
      hopefully right about now will be the picnic, where id like to drive it up so people can see the progress
      7.hopefully about late fall, after driving it for the summer. itll go to a local friends shop to start on the exterior rust. new windshield will go in at this point.
      8. start shopping for a shop to do the whole paint job, respray in alpine2, possibly alpine 3.

somewhere between 2 and 6 i may try to find cams, megasquirt and some sort of alternative intake manifold solution :D

Comment

I'm glad to see the project back on track. I'm looking forward to future updates.
        Matt

sigpic

Comment

Looking great you will love the s14 no doubt...

As for the rust I want to see some more pics of the car!!!!!!

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
          1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
            Looking great you will love the s14 no doubt...

As for the rust I want to see some more pics of the car!!!!!!

Go to his OP of this thread...

Comment

Updatezor?
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

got the rear jacked up, wheels off, brake lines off, calipers off, rotors off and shocks out.

replacing rear shocks with bilstein sports. found out what was in there is/was what i think were the stock Boge's. the tops were leaking fluid and when compressed would not rebound.

got fresh solid rotors. the cross drilled's that were in there were just horrible. im just not a fan of them either. i have brand new Hawk HPS's to go in place of the pads in there. im adding braided lines while its all apart. and to top it all off rebuilding the calipers.

the fronts will follow next week. Evolution rotors, Hawks, rebuilding calipers, bilstein sports. going to install the reinforced subframe at the same time. at that point ill feel safe to actually drive the car.

i still need to pull the stock transmission and get it up for sale. after that its full steam ahead to sit the motor in. ive bought a new radiator for it, thats about the top of my even remotely cool "upgrades" for it. kinda sucks cause the little ive bought for the car again does nothing for performance. just replacing parts. exhaust manifold gaskets, new exhaust studs and hardware. sandblasted the valve cover, intake plenum, front subframe and header. all has been resprayed and looks good.

ill take pics once the rear bits have been reassembled.

Comment

Why are you selling the tranny?

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                    Why are you selling the tranny?
                    i dont need 2. i have the stock one that came in the car, and another one with 88k that came with my new(er) motor. although i SHOULD keep it for a spare, its more pressing to get $ for it while i can.

Comment

Good job Jeff! Trow down! I may stop by tomorrow to take a gander if its cool
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                        i dont need 2. i have the stock one that came in the car, and another one with 88k that came with my new(er) motor. although i SHOULD keep it for a spare, its more pressing to get $ for it while i can.
                        Nice. So your coming to the picnic in the m3 correct?

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Good trans for an M30 swap..

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                            Nice. So your coming to the picnic in the m3 correct?
                            i hope so!! wanna come down and lend a hand? its hard to get the motivation to work on it without someone else to yack at while the work is going on. lol

got the rear shocks in, rear rotors on. front struts are in and back on the car, rotors on. reinforced subframe is on. and i FINALLY got that muthaf**kin transmission out. i hope i never have to go through that again. took the heat shields off and found the CSB is torn 360* around. gonna have to order trans mounts and a CSB.

now to rebuild the calipers and install them with the Hawks. put the wheels back on and push it outside. then get the motor up off the ground and on the stand. add whatever new bits i have left and connect the trans and motor. AFTER that its get the crew together to see if i can get it all buttoned up in a day!

Comment

i hope so!! wanna come down and lend a hand? its hard to get the motivation to work on it without someone else to yack at while the work is going on. lol

got the rear shocks in, rear rotors on. front struts are in and back on the car, rotors on. reinforced subframe is on. and i FINALLY got that muthaf**kin transmission out. i hope i never have to go through that again. took the heat shields off and found the CSB is torn 360* around. gonna have to order trans mounts and a CSB.

now to rebuild the calipers and install them with the Hawks. put the wheels back on and push it outside. then get the motor up off the ground and on the stand. add whatever new bits i have left and connect the trans and motor. AFTER that its get the crew together to see if i can get it all buttoned up in a day!
                              Hellz yeah Jeff!

I want to be there for this memorable day :D
                              M Coupe

Comment

keep pushin man! you will be handsomely rewarded!
                                www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Working...
                                X