The/My 88 M3 antfarm/rustbucket rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPTION C

S52 the e30 M3 and save the s14 for a later 2 double O 2 build and then build the s14 up then...

That way you will always have the s14 around if it is needed to stay with the //M at a later date.

Comment

A. heard alotta mixed reviews on VAC, mnay of them poor re: head work done by them.
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I say do a standard rebuild like I did. I think you should take the motor apart and go to your trusted local machine shop.

Do valve seats and have valve guides inspected for wear.

Have them check your pistons/bores. Depending on what they tell you here you can then make a decision as what option is best.

If everything checks out, refresh all the wear parts. Inspect your oil pump. Have them hot tank the crap out of the block. Like in there for two days. Get the head washed like mad.

It cost me $2500 and it's running like a top, that's with saving my crank. I've been driving it and it's going to be so worth it, even stock it's retarded how fun it is and the motor is 50% the reason the car is fun to drive IMO.

I wouldn't buy anybodys "kit" I can send you a PM with exactly who had the best deal on all the parts needed to do a proper rebuild.

Ignore the crappy quality/darkness.

Inspiration videos, I'm not a mechanic just not afraid to get my hands dirty. I've rebuilt a couple motors and the S14 is not hard to work on at all.

It still moves pretty good with 200 HP. My car has a dinan chip and muffler. It's more about how the power comes on that makes it fun.

If you want once my motor/clutch is fully broken in I'll make a video going through the gears hard to give you an idea what refreshing the motor stock will do.
        Last edited by Aveman; 10-01-2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Motor is out on a stand in my garage. Soon to be in peices. :)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
            Fun. I'm excited to see the result. Good luck with whatever path you guys end up taking on the motor.

Comment

I think I am gonna take his s14 and put it in my e34.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post

Comment

time for a update. its all apart and chilling in the garage (literally, its kinda cold out there)

block wear doesnt show much out of the ordinary

pistons, charred but not bad either

head. #1 looks not exactly the best, but i was expecting worse

and the rest of the goodies/garage

Comment

Jeff, save the big HP stuff for better days economy-wise.

Get that block over to Rocket Machine and have it checked out, maybe the crank/rods/pistons/head, too.

WTF, man, go get it done.

Go buy a propane heater and use a small fan on it. Getcha warm in a hurry in that little garage!

Luke

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

good shit, i wish you all the best on this project. i wish i could put together an e30 m3. fuck, i just wish i owned one. ;)

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Wait, the m3 isnt in my driveway anymore?! I still cant use it, wtf?! ;)
                        sigpic

Comment

i think you should keep at it. you have my moral support..

Comment

thanks man. itll probably stick around till its running.

Comment

i want to see it running! progress is still progress..even if its slow.
                              M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by reppin my e30 View Post
                                i want to see it running! progress is still progress..even if its slow.
                                no you cant deliver pizzas in it when its done eric....

Comment

Working...
                                X