Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from the rust, it seems pretty standard for a used euro valance. I have two, one in better shape and one in similar shape. The one in similar shape has no rust, but some bondo from a previous hack job. You should be able to make that one work. Good news is the M-technic I will cover the valance so as long as it is close to good you'll never see it again eventually.

Cheers,

Brian

Comment

Ya i think it can be saved but I will need some quotes around town, I do want it to look perfect when it's done. I'm not gonna have it look like shit, put it on and drive it for a couple months and then spend the money for the tech 1 valence, I'm either going Very nice euro valence or very nice tech 1 valence. We'll see what happens on Monday when I get the chance to get some quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
        Aside from the rust, it seems pretty standard for a used euro valance. I have two, one in better shape and one in similar shape. The one in similar shape has no rust, but some bondo from a previous hack job. You should be able to make that one work. Good news is the M-technic I will cover the valance so as long as it is close to good you'll never see it again eventually.

Cheers,

Brian
        Brian,

Do you even have to have this metal euro valance behind the m-technic 1 valance? Is it a requirement or is the m-technic 1 valance a full replacement? (that was my understanding).

Jean
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
          Brian,

Do you even have to have this metal euro valance behind the m-technic 1 valance? Is it a requirement or is the m-technic 1 valance a full replacement? (that was my understanding).

Jean
          Ya i believe the tech 1 valence is a full replacement. I think you CAN have the euro valence underneath it but it is not necessary to fit the tech 1

Comment

So I took into consideration you guys' feedback about the kick panels vs the carpet panels and I put back the carpet panels.
            I replaced the double-sided tape that it originally had and it looks a lot better. While I was doing that I replaced the rusty speaker screws with new black ones.
            Rusty Screws

New screws

While I was messing around, I found behind my speakers are two wires with connectors... any idea what they are for? they lead toward the dash not toward the door

What pisses me off it my horn has been stuck on. Whenever the ignition on the horn is constantly one! even if i press the horn button nothing happens. The horn wire isn't touching the steering column and grounding it out so I don't know what the problem is any help?
            Here is the patched cable that had been cut in half

here it is plugged in

Comment

Needs moar M10 delete.
              - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
              E36 325i sedan
              E30 325i sedan
              Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                Needs moar M10 delete.
                QFT. M20b23 FTW

Comment

I had a big mail day today consisting of a giant OEM shipment!

Got a maplight mirror, euro foglight covers, and the necessary components to make my intensive wash complete.

I completely guessed on the correct clip to make these fit but luckily it was the right one (take note Jean)

Now I just need to paint and mount my euro valence so I can put these fog light covers on.

Here is the maplight. VERY minty I just need to spend a day wiring it and mounting it.

And here are the intensive components used to run the tubing correctly along with intensive wash tank cover and regular wash tank cover with the intensive label and the passenger mirror delete panel.

Here is the difference when replaced, can you tell which one is old?

Looking at my tanks thinking I'm going to have to get a new tank to match the covers.

My car is extremely dirty right now and I don't have much motivation to work on it while it's dirty so tomorrow I'll wash it and see what I can get done. I'm leaving to Paris for spring break on Thursday so I won't get anything done for a week, but the heated wide-angle mirror is actually coming despite the whopping 20 left in europe.

Comment

You spent how much to replace near-mint washer reservoir caps? Must be nice to have money to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      You spent how much to replace near-mint washer reservoir caps? Must be nice to have money to burn.
                      it was about $4 for both. don't get to excited

Comment

Well...they don't match now though. ;)

Comment

Washed it up this morning and deleted my passenger side mirror. I realize it's a very controversial topic but I like it and that's what matters. Later today I will start to hook up the intensive wash. The Maplight is a big job that needs a whole days work because I will have to take the entire sun visor panel off with the A pillar covers, etc.

Here are the pics:

Straight line across the passenger side.

Comment

All matters of taste aside, who gives a shit if the guy wants to delete his passenger mirror.

There were hundreds of thousands (millions?) of 1980's econoboxes sold on U.S. SOIL that never had a passenger mirror... I owned one, a 1988 mazda 323. 4speed, no a/c, no power steering, vinyl seats... people deleted options to get cheap cars when the economy was slouchy and we had a gasbag in the White House. You can probably still get a Suzuki or Kia or Metro or Festiva that way.

Anyway, it doesn't make any car more dangerous unless it's a Testarossa and the rear-view is worthless. This is not a Testarossa.

Comment

You're shit is hot man. Euro'd out to the max!
                              -Pierre
                              1987 535is
                              1988 325is

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZaYa9ePyho

Comment

Working...
                                X