X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohh ok good to know thanks

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
      You car came with sealed beams originally.
      The white/black wire is the high beam trigger that sends power to both the "high beam" element in the sealed beam low beam, and the high beam.
      It has nothing to do with city lights.

I could be wrong, but doesn't one of those wires (white/black maybe?) just go from the lowbeam side to the highbeam side? In other words, it's just a short 1.5 foot loop of wire with a connector on each end? In which case, if you really want to "clean" things up under there, you could just cut back the harness wrap far enough to pull the whole 1.5 foot loop of wire out, then re-wrap the harness (cloth wrap, please).

Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
        I could be wrong, but doesn't one of those wires (white/black maybe?) just go from the lowbeam side to the highbeam side? In other words, it's just a short 1.5 foot loop of wire with a connector on each end? In which case, if you really want to "clean" things up under there, you could just cut back the harness wrap far enough to pull the whole 1.5 foot loop of wire out, then re-wrap the harness (cloth wrap, please).

Yes?
        that's exactly what i did

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
          that's exactly what i did
          You da man, stan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post

Yes?
            Yea, thats what I said.
            I said it in half as many words though. Super Elite typing! :p
            Below the radar...

Comment

So i've been putting off a lot of little unfinished projects on my car and decided to tackle them one at a time. I finished shortening the extra slack in the high beams cables (before it was stock wire, spliced to depo wire, sliced to OEM connector wire, but now its just OEM to OEM wires and connectors).

The next on the list was the intensive wash. I didn't get the complete packet I needed in my Headlamp Cleaning System box but I got a lot of it. I did get the necessary tubing, but a broken valve, no "Y" valves, and a lot of wire clips are still needed. I will be ordering these soon enough but for now I made headway on the Intensive wash project.

If you see here, this is the main cable needed to run from the intensive pump and tank to the washer nozzles. It came very dirty and gross.

So I took baking soda and a toothbrush and scrubbed the crap out of it and it came out new.

The two black lines are permanent. I have no idea what they are but they would dissipate when scrubbed profusely.
              I ran it from the pump in the same path that the stock washer tubes run.

I was given 3 clips. 1 white one with two half-circles that kept two tubes together, and two red clips that will fit around two, but are meant to fit around one and clip the tubing up by the washer nozzles. For now I clipped them together and the bonnet hinge.

I ran it through the same path that the stock washer tube ran but if you see it shows through the holes in the bonnet whereas it should clip to the old one towards the back.

So the tubing is ran and tucked away until I have the necessary parts to finish it, the correct wiring is easy and will be done soon.

I've finally tracked down a heated wide-angle mirror that is VERY close to being NLA. My parts guy said there were about 30 left in Germany but it should come soon.

Comment

You need to order new hood insulation kit :)
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  You need to order new hood insulation kit :)
                  Haha I'm planning on it, just not until I have the money. It's like $60 for the kit!

Comment

those are the a/c lines

Originally posted by vlad
                    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                      those are the a/c lines
                      What are? The tubes are the windshield washer tubes, not the A/C lines.

Comment

the 'black lines that i have no idea what they are'

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                          the 'black lines that i have no idea what they are'
                          Ohhh not those black rings, I mean if you look at the washer tubing in picture two at the top of the tube there are two black spots on it. Not the black tubing

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                            Ohhh not those black rings, I mean if you look at the washer tubing in picture two at the top of the tube there are two black spots on it. Not the black tubing
                            gotcha, nm

Comment

So the euro early model valence came today... I'll be honest it's a work in progress. It needs a lot of love an fixing up. It's bent in a lot of places and has 3-4 small cracks and a bit of rust in spots where screws were. The paint is absolute shit but it doesn't matter since it will be repainted eventually. I need to get some quotes around town to find the total cost it will be to have this thing reshaped and sanded to bare metal and repainted in schwarz. If the price is ridiculous i might end up selling it but personally I think it can be saved.

My other option is shelling out for the tech 1 front valence and run that for a while. We'll see what the price turns out to. Here are the pics:

Comment

It's rough, but it will do. :up:
                                -tim
                                Originally posted by Jordan
                                I like the stance
                                -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Working...
                                X