Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm I have a warning triangle as well, but it is stored in a yellow case similar to yours. I can't confirm if it is original, but it is in German tongue. I'll have to take a better look at it.

Great work. I love watching this thread to see all the possible options BMW had back in the day.

Comment

Damn. I was hating on this "restore" at first. But damn was I wrong. Looking amazing man.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
        Damn. I was hating on this "restore" at first. But damn was I wrong. Looking amazing man.
        :D Thank you

Comment

What brand/type of paint did you use on your B-pillars?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Sedan View Post
            What brand/type of paint did you use on your B-pillars?
            U-Pol
            Satin Trim Black

Comment

I got the second of the two necessary red screwdrivers for my toolkit today. It's the smaller, reversible one. Although it doesn't say Heyco on it, this is the original screwdriver. The smaller ones didn't have Heyco printed on them. They had DBGM, which means trademark in german (google it), and Made in W Germany printed on the other side. Fits nicely in the toolkit and only a couple more tools to go before my toolkit has the rarest possible combination of tools.

Comment

what is left? An analretentive adapter to torx?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  what is left? An analretentive adapter to torx?
                  Combination Pliers
                  Ring Spanners: sizes 8-10, 12-13, and 17-19
                  Antenna Cleaner Packet
                  Correct Spare bulbs and fuses foam (mine is currently from an e28 and is for an M30, I need the one from an e24)

All these items above were ordered as of yesterday and should arrive by the end of the week.

Also, just got word about the shipment of that NLA part. Should arrive by Friday or Saturday hopefully, if not then, Monday for sure.

Comment

tease

Comment

I don't even know what you paid for that red screwdriver....

Comment

Just read all 33pages damn nice restore!

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                          I don't even know what you paid for that red screwdriver....
                          I believe it's the same one I was outbid on: $41.00. Just couldn't justify that price myself...

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                            I believe it's the same one I was outbid on: $41.00. Just couldn't justify that price myself...
                            yes it was

Couple of tools came today

before

After

i still need one more circle-spanner, an antenna cleaner packet, and the correct spare bulbs and fuses foam. All of the needed parts have been ordered and should arrive soon. My spare bulbs and fuses foam is currently out and sold. Toolkit is almost there though! It will be a very coveted kit when finished. Oddly the combination pliers are a very tight fit. Not sure why that is but i'm figuring it out

Comment

Andrew, gotta be honest -- I'm looking forward to this "NLA" part you keep talking about. Wasn't it supposed to arrive today?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                                Andrew, gotta be honest -- I'm looking forward to this "NLA" part you keep talking about. Wasn't it supposed to arrive today?
                                Hah me too. It should arrive any day now. It left on Wednesday morning at 1:30am on the Greyhound bus and went by 3 day shipping. Should arrive at my local greyhound station by Saturday hopefully. If not it will be here on Monday for sure. I'll be sure to take pics and give info about what I'll be doing with it when it comes

Comment

Working...
                                X