Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigh i have been slacking on getting my moonroof in... yours looks hot though!
    -Alex

Comment

looking good, Billy Ray!

Comment

Originally posted by my precious View Post
        Also the letter on the early wrench will convex but later is depressed. That's what I found when buy the new one from the dealer and compare to my old one. Wait to see an antenna cleaner packet (I'd never seen it).
        well I was going to post this later since it's a very small update, but I got an antenna packet today. Here's the pics

I got a spare bulbs and fuses foam that's close to the one I need, but its slightly shorter, and has the bullet fuses so it's not quite right. I'm going junkyarding this afternoon though so hopefully I find one.

Much like the Polishing cloth, the antenna cleaner doesn't have a specific spot so I just put it where you see

Should have an NLA part update later tonight

Comment

You have gone over the edge with your antenna cleaner. Where & how in the hell did you find that?!

:rofl:

Comment

the cleaner may have just pushed this thread over the top

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
              the cleaner may have just pushed this thread over the top
              This.

The funny part is, this car never existed. For all of the 'OEM' parts that have gone in to it, this car is actually far from it. No one ever loaded up a base-model 318 with $30K worth of options and special-order bits.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                This.

The funny part is, this car never existed. For all of the 'OEM' parts that have gone in to it, this car is actually far from it. No one ever loaded up a base-model 318 with $30K worth of options and special-order bits.
                It's OEM++, dawg
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                  This.

I did.

Comment

I'm still having trouble getting past the fact that all this work is going into a lowly 318. Its not even an eta for fucks sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                      I'm still having trouble getting past the fact that all this work is going into a lowly 318. Its not even an eta for fucks sake.
                      Wow, I did not realize that until now. Silk purse out of a sow's ear kinda thing...

Comment

I have one of those triangle things. I also have the first aid kit if you need it, but im sure you have already found one lol. Nice build, and guys stop hating on the 318i lol

Comment

Originally posted by spooledtt View Post
                          Nice build, and guys stop hating on the 318i lol
                          Thanks, I actually don't have a first aid kit yet. I have easy access to one I'm just having trouble balancing cash at the moment, it's on the list though.

I'm really sick of all the jealous comments. Yes, it's true... I choose to upgrade my car using factory options only. It was not unreal that a 318i owner would ask for these options. I choose to make my car look good, rather than shell out for power and drive a rolling POS. If you don't like the way I build my car, get over it and don't watch this thread.

Second trunk light was installed, not much pictures for this. Just filled in the hole so my trunk liner didn't look like it was missing something. More light to shine on the toolkit everyone seems to hate.

I found this at the junkyard today. The rest of the blankets and wiring are still at the car and i'll fetch it another day but I'm still deciding what to do about it...

Comment

I love this thread. Let me know what else is on your unicorn list, if I have parts around Id love to contribute to it.

Keep them coming.
                            sigpic
                            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

what will this car be valued at once completed? in reason, are these original parts that were an option for the car, or all oem replacement parts for all years and models put into one?

just asking, because i knew of a guy who rebuild a hemi cuda. put over 30k into it. in the end, its value was at 12000. why? not original to the cars year, model, and factory options. just throwing that out there.

I subscribed because either way it is a in depth thread.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post

I'm really sick of all the jealous comments. Yes, it's true... I choose to upgrade my car using factory options only. It was not unreal that a 318i owner would ask for these options. I choose to make my car look good, rather than shell out for power and drive a rolling POS. If you don't like the way I build my car, get over it and don't watch this thread.

Second trunk light was installed, not much pictures for this. Just filled in the hole so my trunk liner didn't look like it was missing something. More light to shine on the toolkit everyone seems to hate.
                                I can ship you some BMW razorblades so slit your emo wrists too if you would like.

No but seriously. Its R3v there is a lot of love but mostly hate, I like your OCD when it comes to installation and rare parts. For you personally... As long as you understand this 318 will be worth any money when you want to sell it and you are building a car just for you. Then keep on trucking!
                                Props though.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Working...
                                X