This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
    That is awesome!!!! I'm glad to know that. Now I don't have to stress over getting it to go the other way.

As for the lights, H1/H4's are not the same as sealed beams. They have flat lenses like your ellipsoids and have h1 bulbs and H4 bulbs (highs and lows or visa versa). They have sort of a bow tie pattern on them. (><). Here is a pic.

ohh, ok i get what they are. It is stock but I'm more into the Bosch Smileys. I like the looks better

Comment

So i took a trip to san francisco for the past 4 days. while there i saw a very rare ///M325e and a SUPER rare ///M525i
      retards....

but i did see a lot of e30's with baye30 stickers on them and a 2002.

while i was gone i got the leather rejuvenator, glass polish, leather rejuvenator applicator sponges and the brand spanking new euro chrome bumper sides.

I have ordered my Bosch Smiley's and they are on the way. I will probably order the new euro chrome bumper center piece within the next few days. (just getting finances up to date)

Comment

Chrome euro front. If you don't already have one. Brand spanking new.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-E...Q5fAccessories

Shittiest service from these guys, I wouldn't touch them with your dick and me pushing with a 10 ft pole. ON their website their list that they sell all the other euro bumper bits too, but when I called to ask, they said they don't have any....fine, fair enough, stock is low.

I then asked them about the ebay euro bumper face bar (the same one that you linked). I asked about how it fits, and how have previous customers felt about the fitment. You wouldn't believe what they said:

"Oh, those? Yeah, I wouldn't know."
          "So no returns from unhappy customers, or any negative feedback about fitment?"
          "I wouldn't know. We never sold a single one."

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-E...Q5fAccessories
            yep. if you would have read a bit earlier in my thread i went over how this is what I was going to get.

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
            Shittiest service from these guys, I wouldn't touch them with your dick and me pushing with a 10 ft pole. ON their website their list that they sell all the other euro bumper bits too, but when I called to ask, they said they don't have any....fine, fair enough, stock is low.

I then asked them about the ebay euro bumper face bar (the same one that you linked). I asked about how it fits, and how have previous customers felt about the fitment. You wouldn't believe what they said:

"Oh, those? Yeah, I wouldn't know."
            "So no returns from unhappy customers, or any negative feedback about fitment?"
            "I wouldn't know. We never sold a single one."
            Nobody cares.
            Last edited by Japandrew73; 02-02-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
              yep. if you would have read a bit earlier in my thread i went over how this is what I was going to get.

oh haha. never mind then... :giggle:

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

As it turns out the shipping for the Bosch Smiley's were too expensive for my budget right now (shipping from UK is the reason) so I will save the Bosch Headlights for another time. I'll continue with my euro bumper project. I just ordered the Chrome Euro Bumper Center Piece and I need to take a look at who I owe money but i'm pretty sure I can start ordering trim pieces for the front bumper too. I will use the leather rejuvenator tomorrow on my rear leather seat; that and the glass polish.

Comment

I got one of those chrome bumper centers from them on my car. Due to a brick wall and my front bumper.... I was in a pinch and didn't want to drive around with a bent front bumper, so i bit the bullet and bought one off of them. The fit was fine. Only one hole didn't want to line up correctly. And that was one for the side piece to bolt to. Every thing else lined up.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                    I got one of those chrome bumper centers from them on my car. Due to a brick wall and my front bumper.... I was in a pinch and didn't want to drive around with a bent front bumper, so i bit the bullet and bought one off of them. The fit was fine. Only one hole didn't want to line up correctly. And that was one for the side piece to bolt to. Every thing else lined up.
                    That's great to hear thanks for telling me.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the Mounting Kit for the Euro Front Bumper. Keep in mind every single part I order for this front bumper is brand spankin new.

Mouting Kit 51 11 9 057 083

Blunt, the guy i get my parts from, is leaving for 2 weeks on saturday so progress will slow in those two weeks, however small things could happen.

Comment

Used the Leather rejuvenator today and it looked about as good as it does when i put leather conditioner on it but the conditioner fades in about a day. So it will be interesting to see how long the Griot's rejuvenator stays. It is soaking right now and tomorrow I will buff it off and witness the result.

You can see in this pic where i applied and where I didn't

Applied to all areas

Comment

I used this on my rear leather seat and applied with the blue detailing sponge that they also sold. It worked well but not as good as i would like. So i took the seats out into the sun in the middle of the day. I used almost a quarter of the bottle for the top and bottom rear seat and massaged it into the seat with my hands instead of the sponge. I let it soak for a day and polished off the excess grease with a terry cloth.

WOW! It looks amazing now!

Comment

So i got a package in the mail today from blunt. It has a bunch of little stuff adding up to like $20.
                            I ordered what i thought (from looking at part numbers) were connectors for the Washer pumps, high and low beams, correct bulbs for the large tool kit foam, OEM fuses, and a headlamp washer valve.

I only ordered like two of each connector but it turns out an "order" is like 2 connectors so I ended up with extras.

Here are the bulbs and fuses

What is odd is that the correct fuses that go into the foam are supposed to be 5,10,20,30. And i guess I forgot to order a 20 but the 15, 5, and 30 are not what I thought they would be. they look new and high tech rather than the old classic ones you will see in my fusebox.

Also you will notice in the pic above, the two big bulbs taken out of the foam are from my garage. I don't know what they are called or anything (I threw away the box) but they fit perfectly and I think they are the correct Bulbs. However, the small one is supposed to go in the big holes (says the OEM diagrams) but it doesn't fit. Instead, you can see it fits into the hole for the smaller bulb. But looking at the picture 2 pictures up, you can see the super small bulbs, one of those is supposed to go into the small bulb hole. Confusing, but the diagram is messed up or maybe i ordered the wrong bulbs. But why would they make the super small bulb if it doesn't fit in the foam like it says it does? Weird...
                            And you can see the long bulb thing goes correctly in place.

Going by the OEM fuses they gave me, this is what my foam would look like

When I took some fuses out of my fusebox to take the "classic" looking fuses, this is what it looks like (imagine the 7.5 replaced with the 10, and the 10 replaced with a 20). I found out I can get the "classic" looking fuses at Radio Shack so I'll pick that up eventually.

But my foam is complete! I just need everything else in the large toolkit now hah.
                            I took my valve and replaced that real quick (no more leaking and replacing wiper fluid every 3 days)

The white Connectors (i thought) were for the intensive and windshield motors, but they don't fit, so i checked the headlamp motor. It looks the same but is a different shape.

After process of elimination I found the grey connectors fit for the windshield and intensive motors.
                            Before

After

I found the yellow connectors fit into the main headlight (low beam)

and i didn't check, but either the grey or the mysterious white connectors fit into the high beams. Either way I can't connect them yet because I need what is shown here:

See how the rubber casing is on the ends of the wire with a copper tube in them? I need to find out where to get these so i'm going to marvac electronics tomorrow to investigate. If you know please tell me.

So after the order this is what I am left over with.
                            Lots of connectors waiting to fill headlights, a bunch of mis-matched fuses, an extra bulb for the foam, two super small mystery bulbs, and a full foam kit with spare bulbs and fuses.

Edit: I think i found the black rubber things for the wiring
                            part number: 61 13 1 382 246
                            Link: http://bmwfans.info/original/E30/2-T...1/ill-61_0522/
                            I think i need the copper insides of it to though. I know i need part number 10 in the diagram, but what else?
                            Last edited by Japandrew73; 02-05-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

How much do the new connectors run? I have always wanted to do that on a BMW project.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
                                How much do the new connectors run? I have always wanted to do that on a BMW project.
                                CHEAP from blunt, This is all the part numbers and quotes from this order:
                                3 of 61 13 1 370 987 .94 ea = 2.82
                                1 of 61 13 1 372 626 .94 ea
                                1 of 61 13 1 372 627 .94 ea
                                1 of 61 13 1 372 628 .94 ea
                                2 of 07 50 9 063 576 1.67 ea = 3.34
                                1 of 63 21 7 160 805 1.67
                                2 of 07 11 9 905 337 2.09 ea= 4.18
                                2 of these: 61131378418 1.46 ea = 2.92
                                2 of these: 61131378419 1.46 ea = 2.92
                                2 of these: 61131378401 1.63 ea = 3.28
                                Valve was 6.99

you can type in all the part numbers and find which is which.

Comment

Working...
                                X