No announcement yet.

1990 325is oem+ project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today i spend time in the engine bay. it was very dirty..

i replace my valve cover gasket and the 4 little rubber sceal.

the result is not crazy but it way more clean thant it was.

since i planned on remove the engine next winter ( paint the engine bay and turbo setup ) i decide to only do a cleanup for this year.

facebook remind me today my last e30.(325ix 1991)(it was my winter beater ) back in 2013. it was that car who bring me into the e30 and since i sold it ( in 2013 too) i miss it !
    i'm glad i'm back into the comunity !

it was very clean ( brand new paint ) love the red color !

Comment

Wow love that IX, pretty damn nice for a "winter beater"
      Albie

'86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 Feedback | Albie's M4 European Delivery

Comment

Originally posted by Iloveboost View Post
        Amazing work my man! Did you remove the intake manifold to paint it? What paint did you use for the valve cover [and if you painted the intake manifold]?
        Paynemw
        1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
        the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
        1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Subscribed. How have I missed this thread. Great job OP. Keep up the good work.
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

That engine bay looks great! I'm also curious what paints you used?

If you don't have it already you should get the 3 piece hood insulation. The one piece always droops and rubs a bright spot onto the intake. wouldn't want to wreck that paint :)

And seriously that iX is beautiful! I don't think you're allowed to call it a beater, way too nice.
            "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
            Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Thanks everybody !
              im pleased that you appreciate my work !

for the valve cover I use VHT wrinkle black paint. For those who don’t know , it’s a little tricky paint but anybody can have the same result than mine .

for the intake ... nothing special here . Since i just wanted to make the engine bay clean looking . I do not remove it .
              i have remove the intake box, IAC, rubber tube , than put aluminium paper all around the intake and directly spray it .
              I have use normal silver spray can paint .

little trick here , aluminum paper is great to mask thing where there are plenty of complicated thing like the engine bay .
              instead of masking tape , the aluminium paper can ben remove in second ! when you tape every hose and wire one by one it a real pita to remove the tape ..!

For my past IX , it was very clean on The exterior but less clean underneath. Water came Inside by one of many hole the floor has.... engine was little rough too .. I sell it because of that ..

my 325is now was way cleaner than my past ix and now , my IS are very clean no rust no hole :)

Comment

i been busy in the past few days. but work is going good on the e30!
                i made some final thing before get the car back on wheel.

- adjust the diff oil
                -engine oil change
                -oil brake flush + bleeding
                -put the wheel on
                -test drive it !

it is so good to see the car back on the ground, and drive it ( only 1 KM ) but it was a blast haha !!

i put back the car in the garage, wash it ouside and under the car ( dont want my brand new suspention/direction coponent to get dirty haha)

jack up the rear and prep it for the paint

sand the primer and shoot the gravel guard for an OEm look

i will paint it thsi week.

i have on the mail :

new gront grill
                new depot smiley headlight
                new oem IS side skirt

i cant wait to receive/paint/install my side skirt.!! it fit so well the car and make the look of the car more ''complete''

Comment

Working...
                X