No announcement yet.

DTM style trailing arm project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is very cool, I'm looking forward to an update when you have a chance to test it.

I'm not too familiar with the DTM control arm design, is there a heim joint on the inner pivot point as well that allows for toe adjustment when you adjust the threaded rod at the outer joint?

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post
      This is very cool, I'm looking forward to an update when you have a chance to test it. I'm not too familiar with the DTM control arm design, is there a heim joint on the inner pivot point as well that allows for toe adjustment when you adjust the threaded rod at the outer joint?
      Both the camber and toe adjustments are made on the outer. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you make the bung adjuster yourself or source it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
          Did you make the bung adjuster yourself or source it?
          It's IRP Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by silnc View Post
            Both the camber and toe adjustments are made on the outer.
            I see that now, makes sense. This seems like a great option. I may give it a shot over the winter. It looks like the heim joints should be easily replaceable too.

Comment

Related to this topic, Magnus Racing Team will have DTM adjustment kits for sale: https://www.facebook.com/pg/magnusra...=page_internal

No affiliation. Just saying if there is someone interested of those.

Comment

I see that now, makes sense. This seems like a great option. I may give it a shot over the winter. It looks like the heim joints should be easily replaceable too.
                Keep in mind that with the toe adjustment at the outer, the wheel moves forward and back in the wheel house as the toe is adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by silnc View Post
                  It's IRP Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
                  Ahh, found it. Thanks!

irp,individual racing parts,irp parts,irp racing parts,drift racing parts,drift kit,irp short shifter,tuning parts,performance parts,drift suspension

Comment

Double rose joint solution for each side would work better. Nice fabrication!

Comment

Keep in mind that with the toe adjustment at the outer, the wheel moves forward and back in the wheel house as the toe is adjusted.
                      The same movement happens if you are adjusting from the inside as well.

Comment

It moves less when adjusted at the inner.
                        BMW themselves put the toe adjusters at the inner pivots on the E34 M5.

Comment

Made coilovers out of some bilsteins since they're nice and skinny... Just need to paint these arms and install for testing. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Started on the install this morning, hopefully be done by the end of the day. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

It moves less when adjusted at the inner.
                              BMW themselves put the toe adjusters at the inner pivots on the E34 M5.
                              On a trailing arm suspension the wheel will move front to back in the wheel well a bit during normal suspension travel. I don't think that the adjuster at the outer point will make much of an impact on overall position, though I do see how putting it inboard would make it move slightly less. My guess is it was positions on the outer point for easy adjustment in the DTM car.

Anyhow, this is looking awesome with the coilovers. Any details on the components you used to assemble those?

Edit: looks like maybe just some Bilstein coilovers sleeves?
                              Last edited by R3VM3UP; 12-18-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

On a trailing arm suspension the wheel will move front to back in the wheel well a bit during normal suspension travel. I don't think that the adjuster at the outer point will make much of an impact on overall position, though I do see how putting it inboard would make it move slightly less. My guess is it was positions on the outer point for easy adjustment in the DTM car. Anyhow, this is looking awesome with the coilovers. Any details on the components you used to assemble those? Edit: looks like maybe just some Bilstein coilovers sleeves?
                                Yeah they're Bilstein sleeves, I welded a perch on. Update. Everything fit up really nicely. First drive I noticed an immediate improvement over rear turn response, super snappy. Adjustment is a breeze. I string aligned the toe and used a digital level for the camber. Sitting at approximately -2 right now. Hopefully in the future we can find someone with an alignment rack to help us really dial it in. I'll try and get more pictures soon. So far so good, really love how these turned out. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X