X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just made a dream come true. Bravo
    '85 Alpine Weiß 2-door with m20b30 ground up build

Comment

Really nice execution! Did you weigh them compared to stock?

Comment

Now you just need new sway bar end link bushings

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post

On a trailing arm suspension the wheel will move front to back in the wheel well a bit during normal suspension travel. I don't think that the adjuster at the outer point will make much of an impact on overall position, though I do see how putting it inboard would make it move slightly less. My guess is it was positions on the outer point for easy adjustment in the DTM car.
          It doesn't move much forward and back throughout its travel.

If someone has really close clearance between the wheel or tire and fender lip, then moving the wheel around for alignment might cause a problem.

Of course the wheel also moves inboard/outboard when toe is adjusted at the inboard pivot, so that might actually be worse for fender lip clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by cwlo View Post
            Really nice execution! Did you weigh them compared to stock?
            I did, they are +/- 1lb of stock These prototypes were made from thick DOM that we had in the shop. Future ones will be made out of chromoly so it can be thinner/lighter. Still not bad considering they're reinforced. It's really the knuckle that makes it heavy though. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
              Now you just need new sway bar end link bushings
              Dude I know lol. I didn't even think about them until I pulled my old arms off... Puke Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Sway bar link seems to be an aggressive angle.

Hows fuel filler hose clearance look on passenger side?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                  Sway bar link seems to be an aggressive angle. Hows fuel filler hose clearance look on passenger side?
                  The angle is pretty good when the car is sitting, better than the stock trailing arm when lowered. The filler hose sits on the passenger arm, puts very little pressure on it. Though if this car was "slammed" it would be a problem. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                    Sway bar link seems to be an aggressive angle.
                    The suspension is at full droop. Look at the sway bar arms... they're level-ish at ride height.

Originally posted by silnc View Post
                    I did, they are +/- 1lb of stock These prototypes were made from thick DOM that we had in the shop. Future ones will be made out of chromoly so it can be thinner/lighter. Still not bad considering they're reinforced. It's really the knuckle that makes it heavy though. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
                    Thought about engineering a knuckle? In my head I see a lathe turned part that would accept the wheel bearing and have a shoulder for seating/locating a piece of laser cut plate that would mount the service brake, mount the parking brake and have lugs for welding tubes. Getting the shock mount right would be a little fun.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                      The suspension is at full droop. Look at the sway bar arms... they're level-ish at ride height. Thought about engineering a knuckle? In my head I see a lathe turned part that would accept the wheel bearing and have a shoulder for seating/locating a piece of laser cut plate that would mount the service brake, mount the parking brake and have lugs for welding tubes. Getting the shock mount right would be a little fun.
                      There have been ideas about making a knuckle, trying to land it at a good price point is the issue. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

That's always the issue. That's where being smart about the design comes in.

Comment

Update on the arms, been driving daily on them for awhile now, no issues. Had to re-torque the strut tower bolts after settling but other than that everything works fine.
                          Sitting at about -1 camber for daily use and i couldnt be happier.

Comment

Here it is sitting on the ground Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Whats next?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Is there a reason why the adjuster is positioned at an angle to the mounting point on your jig? Vs perpendicular?
                                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X