No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job. Your HVAC setup is straight forward and I find it hard to believe if it was that simple, more people would be doing something similar. So? What issues have you encountered with this setup? And what have you come up with to make it work?
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
      Great job. Your HVAC setup is straight forward and I find it hard to believe if it was that simple, more people would be doing something similar. So? What issues have you encountered with this setup? And what have you come up with to make it work?
      Too much time has gone into the hvac setup lol.

As you can see the lower half has been cut off. I've removed 2 buttons which i'll relocate to the glove box if i decide to run AC in the future. The sides have been shaved down and a piece of angled ABS has been added to the left side. I don't think i'll be able to explain what i did on the back side but its safe to say 50% of the plastic has been removed and/or manipulated. All of the cable had to be extended and are now secured to the to the slides with m4 nut/bolts. The shift surround has also been cut where it meets the heater core to allow everything to have more room.

what i still need to do is make a bracket to attached the bottom of the hvac panel to the ashtray area. i will most likely add a few gauges in that area and allow for a small cubby.

Obviously everything above it just for hvac. The radio surround was cut from a piece of metal and i welded a single din cage on the back. 2 buttons will function as normal the the other is a stealth volt meter. I might go back and add a fourth because i think it looks a little too spread out.
      Last edited by 968Reckless; 11-17-2020, 02:20 PM.
      /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

No finished pics of the 2002?...
        so i forgot to take some detailed pics but this is all i got and it ain't much. The color is Panther Black metallic (audi exclusive color), its purple and green in the sun but black when its overcast. If we get a sunny day i'll try and get it outside.

i might do a quick thread on it but i didn't take many pics along the way. Looking for a set of Recaro LS's or Recaro E21 sport seats to refinish if anyone has a some laying around.

Click image for larger version  Name:	50615022692_349ea11469_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	9960806
        Last edited by 968Reckless; 11-18-2020, 08:35 AM.
        /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post

Too much time has gone into the hvac setup lol.

As you can see the lower half has been cut off. I've removed 2 buttons which i'll relocate to the glove box if i decide to run AC in the future. The sides have been shaved down and a piece of angled ABS has been added to the left side. I don't think i'll be able to explain what i did on the back side but its safe to say 50% of the plastic has been removed and/or manipulated. All of the cable had to be extended and are now secured to the to the slides with m4 nut/bolts. The shift surround has also been cut where it meets the heater core to allow everything to have more room.

what i still need to do is make a bracket to attached the bottom of the hvac panel to the ashtray area. i will most likely add a few gauges in that area and allow for a small cubby.

Obviously everything above it just for hvac. The radio surround was cut from a piece of metal and i welded a single din cage on the back. 2 buttons will function as normal the the other is a stealth volt meter. I might go back and add a fourth because i think it looks a little too spread out.
          Yeah I have been working on a setup as well. I have gathered the parts but have not started on it yet. I knew you had to have done more than the straight forward setup that was pictured. Did you run new cable or just extend it? And where did you buy the cable or how did you extend it? If you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post

Yeah I have been working on a setup as well. I have gathered the parts but have not started on it yet. I knew you had to have done more than the straight forward setup that was pictured. Did you run new cable or just extend it? And where did you buy the cable or how did you extend it? If you don't mind me asking?
            I used the existing cables, you need to unwind them 1 or 2 turns on the end. You will also need to find/secure a new pivot point for the cables, without doing that they will have nothing to put force against. Ill see if i have and extra stock setup laying around and can take a side by side photo of whats missing. Basically you need to start cutting things away until it fits lol. If you daily your car and constantly use air this probably won't be an ideal setup. Ill probably leave the 3 settings in the open position and just control the speed.
            /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

I used the existing cables, you need to unwind them 1 or 2 turns on the end. You will also need to find/secure a new pivot point for the cables, without doing that they will have nothing to put force against. Ill see if i have and extra stock setup laying around and can take a side by side photo of whats missing. Basically you need to start cutting things away until it fits lol. If you daily your car and constantly use air this probably won't be an ideal setup. Ill probably leave the 3 settings in the open position and just control the speed.
              I appreciate that. Thank you. But don't go out of your way though. As long it is not pain in the ass.

Comment

Few minor updates i ran some lighting in the trunk as the factory light wasn't doing me any justice. Mounted red LED strips under the tank and 1 large 5000k just behind the trunk gasket, both are wired to the trunk switch. Cleaned up the rest of the wiring under the trunk floor and did a test fit of the battery. Going with an AGM as all the fancy electronics will require some big power.

Click image for larger version  Name:	50814186983_32f566f981_z.jpg Views:	34 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	9968348

Click image for larger version  Name:	50814187003_321a016fc1_z.jpg Views:	32 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	9968349

Last edited by 968Reckless; 01-13-2021, 07:28 AM.
                /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Realized i wouldn't be able to get the motor in until i was able to drop the car on the ground so i started working on the wheels. For now she'll be rolling on some RC090, polished lips and nogaro silver faces. Wheels were pretty bad with curb rash and clear coat peeling, took them from 180 grit to full polish.

I've also got a set of autostrada modena faces that ill be building for this car but haven't gotten around to figuring out the specs yet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	50814187053_6af4bc47f2_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	9968351

Click image for larger version  Name:	50815081792_1b00e02013.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	9968352
                  Last edited by 968Reckless; 01-14-2021, 11:31 AM.
                  /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Very curious how that HVAC setup ended up going for you - I've been thinking of doing something similar but wasn't sure if the various connecting bits for the HVAC would accommodate?

Comment

I think negaro silver for the wheel centers would look best on white and red combo.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keiran View Post
                        Very curious how that HVAC setup ended up going for you - I've been thinking of doing something similar but wasn't sure if the various connecting bits for the HVAC would accommodate?
                        as you can see i haven't posted in a while, been spending a lot of time back tracking. HVAC system has been chalked up as i didn't like the end result. It can be done but you have to be willing to sacrifice, i may list the custom panel for sale in the future.
                        /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                          I think negaro silver for the wheel centers would look best on white and red combo.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	51368022788_d09bcf3a2d.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	10027237

Name:	51367802771_a02179a91f_z.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	10027238
                          /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Name:	51367802771_a02179a91f_z.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	10027238
                            Dayum! How were those painted?

sigpic

Comment

minor updates:
                              Air ride is working after some electrical issues and the car is on the ground. front fitment is good but the 5 lug conversion spacing really creates some issues. I will not be able to run the e38 brembos. Rear fender well will most likely need to be trimmed down (fiberglass version of a fender roll) and i'll need some wheel spacers. The next step is to get the motor in.

edit: also i think this is the first pic of the completed front end??

Click image for larger version  Name:	51553835357_c0e362bcbc_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	10033241
                              /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

El Bumpo for an Update.
                                will this car be on the road in the Spring?

CAPP

Comment

Working...
                                X