Time for a do-over - 12/88 Diamantschwarz M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
    I am very happy that you spelt the word colour correctly.
    piss off wanker

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

got the Evolution II spoiler fitted last weekend. very happy with it. car is looking a lot less like a beater, these days.

'72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Lovely! Great updates!!!
        Originally posted by 416stroker
        well Fünfgang or whatever is the new ubernasty a whore

Comment

finding i'm really bad about updating build threads...

took this and my M5 to the last show of the year, in our area, at the end of August. it was quite warm, but my shop foreman and i decided to finish detailing both cars.

​​
          ​​
          ​​​​

last weekend, i decided i would install the red, Evo style bumper tape. it definitely needed the contrast to break everything up. wish i would have done this sooner!

​​​​

now, to save my pennies to do a minor overhaul on the engine. the leaks are driving me nuts. looking at buying a set of Evo pistons and Schrick cams, in addition to a complete top/bottom end reseal, as well as a complete timing component replacement. hopefully, that will be it, for a long time!

Comment

That field shot of the two is stellar. Keep up the good work

Daniel
            1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
            2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
              That field shot of the two is stellar. Keep up the good work
              Really cool shot.

Loving both cars!
              1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
              1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

went and beat on the M3 all weekend and gave it a thorough detail, before i toss the cover on. this was an exceptionally nice weekend, considering the time of year, so i'm glad i got to enjoy it while it lasted.

took a few pics while out and about.

got one while my dog sat still, which doesn't usually happen much.

Comment

Great cars, great dog! I had two consecutive GSDs until a few years ago. High performance dogs that are at times challenging to own, but the only dogs worth having, IMO.
                  '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                    Great cars, great dog! I had two consecutive GSDs until a few years ago. High performance dogs that are at times challenging to own, but the only dogs worth having, IMO.
                    thanks, man. much appreciated.

i honestly don't think i could own another dog, at this point. i've had lots of dogs in my life, but the GSD really are the greatest, at least, to me. mine is approaching 8, so she's an old girl, but very calm, gentle, and well mannered.

Comment

Echo Nader's comments on the cars, sure would be pleasant opening the garage door to that picture. Sure hope the weather offers a few opportunities over the winter months.

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
                        Echo Nader's comments on the cars, sure would be pleasant opening the garage door to that picture. Sure hope the weather offers a few opportunities over the winter months.
                        thanks, man - i'm certainly not upset about it. very thankful to own both of them.

my only complaint about M car ownership is the amount of parts going NLA........ currently making a big order with the dealer for S14 overhaul parts. the timing chain, three guides, three sprockets, one chain rail and tensioner are almost $2k. the throttle body blocks are $250/each. trying to get all the parts so i have them, before the price increases again, and/or, the stuff just becomes not available for purchase.

Comment

Looking great! Nothing good ol fall cruise stirring up the leaves. The two cars seem to complement each other quite well. And the dog!

I agree hoarding all the parts you can afford before they become NLA or more expensive.
                          Last edited by moatilliatta; 11-04-2021, 03:08 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

thanks, man - i'm certainly not upset about it. very thankful to own both of them.

my only complaint about M car ownership is the amount of parts going NLA........ currently making a big order with the dealer for S14 overhaul parts. the timing chain, three guides, three sprockets, one chain rail and tensioner are almost $2k. the throttle body blocks are $250/each. trying to get all the parts so i have them, before the price increases again, and/or, the stuff just becomes not available for purchase.

Unfortunately I think this can be said for a lot of the early cars that don't end with '02....finding some common parts for E21's is becoming next to impossible. I understood the timing components were getting expensive but had no idea the throttle body blocks were so expensive (!!!!!), I remember when they were $85 and thought to be too expensive. Good plan on getting the parts now before they leave forever or just disappear. On the plus side, these cars are pretty robust....once sorted they should not require too much attention unless beat on relentlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                              Looking great! Nothing good ol fall cruise stirring up the leaves. The two cars seem to complement each other quite well. And the dog!

I agree hoarding all the parts you can afford before they become NLA or more expensive.
                              thanks! enjoying these crisp, cool, fall days, before it turns into rain, 24/7, for the foreseeable future. trying to broker a trade for a kidney for the remainder of my rebuild parts. will update on the results of that.

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post

Unfortunately I think this can be said for a lot of the early cars that don't end with '02....finding some common parts for E21's is becoming next to impossible. I understood the timing components were getting expensive but had no idea the throttle body blocks were so expensive (!!!!!), I remember when they were $85 and thought to be too expensive. Good plan on getting the parts now before they leave forever or just disappear. On the plus side, these cars are pretty robust....once sorted they should not require too much attention unless beat on relentlessly.
                              totally agree on all counts. i have a client, who just had his '83 320is repainted. there were many body/glass seals and countless pieces of trim that you straight up cannot get anymore, for any price. the ones he was able to get, he paid dearly for.

s14/s38 are incredibly robust and take quite the beating, but it sure is crazy what the parts prices have done in the last year, alone. costs a lot to just keep them alive, these days, let alone do any cool modifications. just want to get them both 100% sorted, so i don't have to lose sleep, thinking about a ticking time bomb. see comment above about kidney brokering. :/

Comment

That field shot is stunning. Background/frame worthy. Agreed those are tough motors for being street versions of a race motor.
                                OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
                                84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

Working...
                                X