Help me choose my next money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Well, the MR2 is already gone and the K20 also seems to be another headache.

I found what appears to be the winner, but nothing will be official until a few more weeks.

Plot twist: Its nothing on the list lol
    Well, whatever it is I hope it has fender mirrors.

Comment

Well, the MR2 is already gone and the K20 also seems to be another headache.
      Forgive me for saying this, but that's at least a little ironic given most of the larger headaches suggested in this thread

Ever considered a bike? Wouldn't be any cheaper than a car though (Especially with truly reasonable gear)
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Forgive me for saying this, but that's at least a little ironic given most of the larger headaches suggested in this thread

Ever considered a bike? Wouldn't be any cheaper than a car though (Especially with truly reasonable gear)
        Bike as in motorcycle? Its not for me, Im not the lucky guy who slides between the trees when he lays it down...

The seller of the MR2 has a way to transfer the car to me without smog which is great, but the downside is that normally that buys me 2 years, but in this case it would only give me 1 year since the nature of the transfer means the 2020 smog is the one on the books and 2022 would be the next one. I REALLY want it, but I really dont want that headache.

I told him last night that I was going to have to pass on his car and he might have another trick up his sleeve. I've told him literally the only thing I dont like about his car is the smog issue. I believe I could go down the BAR-legal path with his but theres a lot of similar headaches (in some cases worse) that my MR2 would have to deal with. I could be blowing them out of proportion, but I might not and once I start down that path with the referees, its in the system and either I have to make it work or it needs to get sold out of state and Id be losing a bunch of money
        Last edited by 2mAn; 05-20-2021, 11:48 AM.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

While I like the 2nd gen MR2 styling more (baby Ferrari and all that) these are skyrocketing in value, definitely a future classic. I'd love to test drive one some day.

Toyota should bring it back, but I doubt they will.
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

The MR2 is rumored to be coming back in a few years, but probably as an EV... a mid-engine EV...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

#would.

Edit - Oh wait, I vaguely remember concept renders of this. If it's gonna compete with the NSX... outta my budget.
              Last edited by DEV0 E30; 05-20-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...re-sports-car/

Could be a $50k car, and if it has ~200miles of range... well I just might get one

EDIT: this just popped up last night. Seems like a smart decision for me... thoughts? Do I build another one but older and wiser AND with a K20?? lol

https://www.spyderchat.com/threads/2...gas-nv.157497/
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Estimates I've read, while they could be outdated said around $100k. Hopefully that's way off. I'd be very curious about the $45-$50k range.

That's a clean car. I assume the stock engine is still fun right? As long as smog wouldn't be an issue with K20 things, I like the idea of K20 in all things small and light.

Comment

If the answer to this thread becomes to acquire pretty much the same car you already had I won't be mad, just disappointed.

Comment

The people want the k-swaps ... I’m a man of the people, did you know I’m up to 55 subscribers!?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

The people want the k-swaps ... I’m a man of the people, did you know I’m up to 55 subscribers!?
                        Nice, but as a wildly successful Youtuber you really need to ask what the algorithm wants.

Comment

Yes please

Comment

Here we go!...

Originally posted by craigslist fauxrrari owner
                            Selling a 2002 Ferrari 360 Replica kit by DNA from Europe. This replica kit is from Europe and Ive had Ferrari owners not able to tell the difference. Exhaust has been modified and front suspension. Has Viper alarm and keyless entry, has actual Ferrari key with chip, Ferrari logo stitched seats, Ferrari instrument panel, Ferrari dash kit, short shift kit, title in hand. Donor car is a Toyota Spyder MR2 and has salvaged title because car has been converted to a replica. Car is smog exempt as its registered under SPNC. Make sure you have funds before contacting , money talks and I will consider REASONABLE offers. Don't need help selling or LOW BALLERS, window shoppers, dont need to know about your ongoing projects, etc.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	00t0t_3PHFMQOG4imz_03S03S_1200x900.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	10019328
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I'm into it

Comment

I don't know CA law back to front, but I cannot see what would make this smog exempt since it is a cosmetic modification of a 2002 vehicle. But if it is somehow exempt just undo the undoubtedly high quality conversion and enjoy a nice MR2 that can take any engine.
                                Last edited by roguetoaster; 05-26-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X