Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trucidatio View Post

It is a 1978 Honda CB400Tii

Looks just like my CM minus the comstars and disc brake. If you need the factory manuals or anything I have them in PDFs.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

A Film i shot about Dustin Kott, the Californian bike builder who makes custom British style Cafe racers out of old japanese bikes. I met Dustin in LA on a Harley-Davidson…

Ok video, I like the bikes but could do without the blatant "Oooh, Look how cool this guy is! He has an old truck! He smokes a lot!"

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
      '98 528i

Comment

You're welcome. :up:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
          http://www.bikeexif.com/

You're welcome. :up:
          :bow: thank you for that site.

hnnnnnnnnnng.

Originally posted by HarryPotter
          not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
          Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Damn I need to get crackin' on my projects!

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Bump ...

So, i've been losing sleep lately over this. Its mine, has a clean title, and I'm fucking stoked on rebuilding it. It runs (barely) and has rebuilt carbs, started chopping pieces off the frame. The cowl is fucking horrendous, the previous owner had poor taste. New CB tank on the way, waiting for other things to sell so I can order the seat and rear section. Clubman bars installed. Needs about 500 bucks to ride it. (thats what she said??)
              1976 CB550 Four

Anyone have any advice on where I can find Carb synch gauges for 4 carbs locally without having to buy them? Do bike shops rent that shit out?

Im new to the bike world I guess. No resources other than SOHC4.NET and ebay for now.
              This is my inspiration.

Comment

Check out caferacer.net. Small and pretty tight-knit group, but they have a ton of knowledge.

As for carb syncing, you can get gauges on ebay for cheap or you can just take a bunch of clear vacuum hose, make 4 U-shapes on a piece of plywood, and fill them all to an equal height with oil or something dark that you can see. Hook one end of the hose up to the vacuum port, and with the bike running but not sucking up the oil and such, adjust the carbs to where the oil level in the U is even across the board, literally. It doesn't take fancy gauges; all you are trying to do is make the vacuum equal across all cylinders by synchronizing the throttle plates.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I've been thinking about these too. All my buddies have sport bikes and have been nagging at me to get a bike, but I have to be a little different. Just like my E30 is to all of their Evo's/STI's...homos.

I love the old-school, badass, attitude these things have. I do want.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

OK, more updates. Been casually working on the bike and collecting parts. So many important parts I need that I dont have. The biggest part, the tank, was copped yesterday. So stoked. Looks great. Hand formed, stock 74 CB550 tank. Fits perfect.

Dont even think I'm going to use body filler and smooth it out. I like the raw rugged look of it. Thoughts?

Also, still not liking the rear. Think I might chop it and do something like this:

Same guy I bought the tank from built this particular bike (CB750). Wasnt intending on going for the brat look, but I fucking love the simplicity. Cant ignore it. What do you guys think?

Comment

Scabzzzz that thing is sick! And I agree, simplicity is the best thing for a cafe/70's bike. Ditch the BS, simplicity is beautiful.

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
                      What the HELL is this bike? I can't figure it out and I'm going crazy!

It's a Wrench Monkee's #8.

AKA One of the finest custom cafe racers:

The page you are looking for doesn't exist or has been moved.

And any man should check Bike Exif daily, love that site.

I want to get a Suzuki TU250X (or two) for the price. Cafe one out, and give one to the girlfriend for her first bike. Although I really miss my R6 I don't want to get another bike till I pay off some debt. So maybe just 1.

Thank you suzuki for making a starter bike worth buying (it's fuel injected!).

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

heres mine when i got it 1 month ago. its a 78 CB550k. picked it up for $350 ran good, complete bike with no missing parts, thats until i strip it at least.. :)

started acquiring parts fro my cafe build.

nice 4into1

heres as she sits now... waiting for parts.... grrrrrr!
                        1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
                        1987 e30 325 eta
                        1983 e28 533
                        2001 x5 4.4l
                        1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
                        1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Comment

found this '74 Honda CB 360 sale on Craigslist of $1500.

me gusta.
                            Originally posted by HarryPotter
                            not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                            Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

^ sexy!!!

Comment

This is in my back yard, needs a petcock & carb rebuilt. Cafe racer material? Shall I purchase said motorised bicycle? The price is right, and I want one..

Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                                You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X