No announcement yet.

Yamaha r1/r6 or e30 lsx swap n paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bikes are fun, first bike a rode was a gsxr1000, that was like 2 days ago.

fucking rocket on wheels, first time on a bike and 150++ mph...not good.
    sigpic

Comment

^^ hey man good stuff

Comment

Take the MSF course. It also makes riding legal faster, you take your graduation slip to the DMV, do all the registration and what not, and bam you're good to go.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

god advice devo..
          pics will be posted asap

Comment

Wow, do you guys who were giving this kid information really want to be responsible for him killing himself based on your bad advice? I was really about to let you idiots have it before I saw that he actually purchased a bike already.

e30slut, you're obviously not very experienced with sportbikes, but you're willing to listen and take advice; a very good trait.

- You did good not buying an R1, 95% of the literbike owners I've met are douchebags with more money than brains and very little skill when it came to actually riding.

- Like others have said, study the term Squid, learn to identify Squids, do the opposite of what they do, and don't ride with them.

- Invest in proper gear. Don't go out and blow your budget on a sick jacket and custom painted helmet, stretch it so you can afford a quality jacket, helmet, boots, and gloves at a minimum. Look for riding boots (not timberlands) that won't allow your ankles to flex from side to side, such as those offered by Sidi. They're expensive at around $350, but if you break your ankle you may never walk right again.

- Take the MSF course. Even experienced riders (read: 10k+ miles) I've rode with have taken the class with their wives or gf's and said they learned a ton. It's actually a lot of fun, and you'll learn more on one of their little 250's than you will on your bike.

- Good job buying an older 600! That's going to make an excellent beginner bike. Don't focus on speed and the fact that it's 'slow', focus on getting good at riding safely and skillfully. Despite what you might think, those older bikes are not 'slow', they're just slower than modern 600's. My first bike was an FZR400 that I literally had to work at to get any decent power out of. In hindsight an older 600 would have been a better bike because the torque would have allowed me to focus on being safe instead of manipulating the engine for power.

- I've owned a couple FZR400's, a couple R6's, and a Honda F4i with a full akra exhaust and PCIII. Hands down, the F4i was the best bike I've owned. Honda tends to get a bad rap because they're not the 'fastest' or the 'best handling', but they build their bikes similar to the NSX, they're very 'well balanced' and the overall riding experience is much better in my opinion. The differences in the speed and handling are negligible at best, you'd have to be a professional rider to really use any of the bikes to their full potential. I was faster on my F4i than many people I rode with on their R1's and 996's. Don't let fanboys or magazines tell you which bike to choose.

Good luck, stay safe ;)

Comment

Dear Darwin,

Thanks.

-Chris
              Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
                Wow, do you guys who were giving this kid information really want to be responsible for him killing himself based on your bad advice? I was really about to let you idiots have it before I saw that he actually purchased a bike already.

e30slut, you're obviously not very experienced with sportbikes, but you're willing to listen and take advice; a very good trait.

- You did good not buying an R1, 95% of the literbike owners I've met are douchebags with more money than brains and very little skill when it came to actually riding.

- Like others have said, study the term Squid, learn to identify Squids, do the opposite of what they do, and don't ride with them.

- Invest in proper gear. Don't go out and blow your budget on a sick jacket and custom painted helmet, stretch it so you can afford a quality jacket, helmet, boots, and gloves at a minimum. Look for riding boots (not timberlands) that won't allow your ankles to flex from side to side, such as those offered by Sidi. They're expensive at around $350, but if you break your ankle you may never walk right again.

- Take the MSF course. Even experienced riders (read: 10k+ miles) I've rode with have taken the class with their wives or gf's and said they learned a ton. It's actually a lot of fun, and you'll learn more on one of their little 250's than you will on your bike.

- Good job buying an older 600! That's going to make an excellent beginner bike. Don't focus on speed and the fact that it's 'slow', focus on getting good at riding safely and skillfully. Despite what you might think, those older bikes are not 'slow', they're just slower than modern 600's. My first bike was an FZR400 that I literally had to work at to get any decent power out of. In hindsight an older 600 would have been a better bike because the torque would have allowed me to focus on being safe instead of manipulating the engine for power.

- I've owned a couple FZR400's, a couple R6's, and a Honda F4i with a full akra exhaust and PCIII. Hands down, the F4i was the best bike I've owned. Honda tends to get a bad rap because they're not the 'fastest' or the 'best handling', but they build their bikes similar to the NSX, they're very 'well balanced' and the overall riding experience is much better in my opinion. The differences in the speed and handling are negligible at best, you'd have to be a professional rider to really use any of the bikes to their full potential. I was faster on my F4i than many people I rode with on their R1's and 996's. Don't let fanboys or magazines tell you which bike to choose.

Good luck, stay safe ;)
                dude thisby far has been one of the best post in the thread..

thanks for your contributions. you make me wanna go take the course now. I will sign up next week on pay day.

And yea I bought the older 600 because it was at an unbeatable price and is inbetween the beginner and moderate rider level.

its pretty stout. I love it and try to ride 45mins a day. so far so good.

on to the pics

Comment

here she is fellas. All assembled and ready to go.
                  just put in the new carbs

Comment

edit, car is now being prepped for cancer removal and paint.. cadilac white. cant wait to see that thing shine

Comment

You need a set of tires on that thing now!

I'd go with something like a Metzeler Roadtec, still plenty of grip to eliminate your chicken strips but will get twice the mileage of a pure sport tire.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^im lost... these tires are new

Comment

its clean.

and joeylink hondas suck because they have tranny problems
                          84 318I Delphin RIP
                          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

if you want a bad bike to learn on, get a busa. why? once you learn the best, everything else is a cake walk.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X