District 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in-case:

Interesting short film by director Neill Blomkamp (Citroen transformer ad) of Spyfilms.com. He is now the director of the new Halo movie. And District 9.

Alive in Joberg; some may say that this is the movie Peter Jackson saw...

Also... he directed a couple Halo shorts before the movie got pulled.

Director Neill Blomkamp explores the lives of Marines and ODSTs on a last, desperate mission in a post-invasion Earth -- a mission that may secure the salvat...

Comment

I really liked it. Well written, well directed.
      tasty

Comment

I'm keen to see it.....and lol at 4:25 there is an E30 been held up by the police in the "Alive in Joburg" video.
        - Chris
        Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

it was great, I'll be the first to say a solid 4.5/5

I don't normally go to theaters, prefer to wait for DVD release on most movies. This one was well worth it

Comment

I might go see it again.
            Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
            Originally posted by J3M93
            This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Was awesome, May go see it again.

Comment

It's rare that a movie these days isn't a remake, sequel, prequel, or based on a comic book.

I give this 2 thumbs up, and would see again. Totally surprised me.

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
                UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

I would say one of the best movies ever. Sick!!!!
                  Originally posted by e30e
                  lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian3 View Post
                    Just in-case:

Interesting short film by director Neill Blomkamp (Citroen transformer ad) of Spyfilms.com. He is now the director of the new Halo movie. And District 9.

Alive in Joberg; some may say that this is the movie Peter Jackson saw...

Also... he directed a couple Halo shorts before the movie got pulled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxdvGO1oOF0
                    why did the movie get pulled?

Comment

I thought the movie was mediocre.

Comment

I thought it was great; be ready for some fucked up stuff though.

However I definitely liked Inglorious Basterds moar

Comment

Wow, I cant believe I didn't post in here sooner. I saw it a couple weeks ago when it came out, hands down one of my top 3 favorite movies ever. I loved it, absolutely every bit. Still need to see Inglorious Bastards though

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                          Originally posted by DTM190
                          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Ral View Post
                            I really loved it- fantastic movie. I hope they don't come out with a sequel though- there story's already wrapped up. If they do another one, it'll just cheapen the first one and the second won't be nearly as good.
                            They seemed to set it up for a sequel. Christopher said he would return in three years which would be about the amount of time needed to pull one together. And it didn't really seem wrapped up anyways. What will happen to the rest of the prawns? What happened to Wikus?

Although it is sometimes better to let the viewers think for themselves what happened/will happen, the movie left a little too much uncovered, and will most likely need a sequel.

Anyways, loved the movie. There were so many parallels to the world that we live in. Especially the parallel to district 6. When we force people to live in slums or guarded, fenced in areas, we begin to think of them as "lesser" or "aliens" that we cannot associate ourselves with.

Overall: 4.5/5

Comment

Working...
                            X