Got a truck for free, and free swag....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a truck for free, and free swag....

Well economy is in the crapper, NC teachers are getting pay cuts, longevity pay and bonuses rightly earned cut. What is one to do, decrease monthly outtake of cash flow! I am regretfully selling my 2006 Toyota 4Runner but saving $500 a month will be worth it. My father in law passed about 6 years ago, nobody in the family wanted to do anything with his truck. It has sat at my dads shop since. With the new developments my mother in law has signed the title over to me for me to have when I need it, I teach HS Agriculture (FFA) so a truck is definately needed from time to time. She needs cleaning very badly, 4 new tires, 4 shocks, brakes all around and a fuel pump to get her going. Those are what is on the needs list. Wants is fix the AC, put on a helper spring on the back and run duals. Without further wait.

1990 Ford F150 Lariat. 2wd 302.

Before Pic

This will be used when I need it, of course the E30 will be the primary vehicle once the 4Runner is gone.

So yesterday I stripped down my 90', and headed for my hour drive to Jason's house to take what I could off his lightening since it will be traded in for CFC tomorrow. Found a suprise, thought I remembered them being stock rims, turns out Mickey Thompsons. With Yoko 275/65 17's on it. Also swipped his carpet and headliner since they were in much better shape than mine. After putting new shocks on tomorrow I will reassemble. Enjoy the pics.

Amazing how much trash you find under a work truck seat!

On to the donor truck

1987 325i LeChump: H&R Race springs, weight reduction and beat to hell

2005 Mazda RX8: Koni Yellows, Hotchkis FSB, 245 BFG Rivals RTR #11

2011 Mazda CX7 Sport: The family truckster

2001 Buick Park Ave: The DD grandpamobile

1991 Ford F150 XLT 302: camping/towing

and the loot I brought home

Comment

Today was very productive. Since I live an hour and a half from my parents and the truck when you have a bit of time to work you got to seize the opportunity.

Completed today:

1. Headliner replaced

2. Carpet replaced

3. Captains chairs installed

4. oil changed, fired it up, ran well off of carb cleaner....

5. rear end oil changed

6. 4 new shocks

7. New front pads

8. New rims/tires put on

9. starter replaced

10. battery charged

11. Front Fuel tank dropped to replace pump

Thats where the progress stopped. Tank rusted badly. Found out why the pump died. there was rust, the old gas looked like varsol, I screwed up and forgot to take pics, it was NASTY. Pump would come on but no fuel, found out why. Sock was completely clogged with rust. Long story short, I have a good friend who is the commercial manager at Wagnors auto salvage in Durham. Called him up, had one that came in recently that was wrecked and it ran well. 50 bucks for tank and pump. I jumped in the 4Runner and drove from goldsboro to durham. Its dark now and I had to come back to Wilmington because of work. Oh well, there is always next weekend. A few pics I snapped.

Comment

Sounds like you're keeping a level head and found yourself a good deal. nice.
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I never priced a Lightining before. But i guess they dont go for much if its being taken in for C4C?

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

well, with my job I used one of my three trailers behind my 4runner for years now, a truck has always been on the want list. This finally worked out, always heated this truck sitting. Some simple green, elbow grease and it will get back to looking like a working truck. With some nice wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
              I never priced a Lightining before. But i guess they dont go for much if its being taken in for C4C?

personally I felt bad for the poor lightning but his mind was made up and I had to move quick to get what I needed off of it, its loss and my gain...

Comment

I see it has UWS toolboxes. Those are very good quality. There's nothing like having a good old dependable truck. I've got a '94 1/2 ton Chevy 4x4 Z71 with 175K on the clock and still going strong. NO payments!!!

Comment

The lightening was going to CFC???
                  89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                  E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

got traded today for a white 09' 2wd 5.4 Chevy ext cab w/tow package. means tomorrow motor will be trashed in lightning, it is sad i agree

Comment

trashing the 5.4? Fucking clunkers shit is starting to piss me off.

Comment

Dude that lightning is baller.
                        -Pierre
                        1987 535is
                        1988 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          trashing the 5.4? Fucking clunkers shit is starting to piss me off.
                          there's no 5.4 in that lightning unless he's swapped it.

edit: though some might say its worse to trash the 351 than the OHC crap.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                            there's no 5.4 in that lightning unless he's swapped it.
                            They're 351's no?
                            89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                            E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

si

Comment

Working...
                              X