Cash for clunkers is dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash for clunkers is dead!

It's been a fun ride, hasn't it? The federal government's Cash for Clunkers program began with a bang on July 24th and, despite the original plan having it last until Labor Day, will officially end next Monday night (August 24th) at 8PM. The end date was announced today by U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood and takes into account what he calls conservative sales estimates that have the pot running dry sometime over the weekend.
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Hahaha, go figure the hand-me-out fund ran dry so fast! My sister rightly got in on this sh*t. Now she gets to work without the car dying 3/10 times.
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

fucking piece of shit welfare program. more crap for us to pay for
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I'd rather my family got some of my tax money than none of it. They were gonna spend it any way.
        '89 325i track sloot
        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Thank god....

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
            I'd rather my family got some of my tax money than none of it. They were gonna spend it any way.
            if they wernt giving the shit away we wouldnt have to pay for it. its redirected welfare.
            anything given away is taken out of our pockets.
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
              If they didn't have this shit, we wouldn't have to pay for it in the first place.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
              And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Those cars will likely get rpoe'd and resold. It's just another way to make more money.
                The problem is this, if the gvt had to bail out homeowners that got in over their heads with all the housing incentives, then the will have to help the dumbasses that traded in a car they didn't owe on in order to look cool in a new car.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Damn, I didn't get a Focus in time.

Comment

haha this makes me laugh... this is almost the same thing as the Housing Push in 2004-2007. Make sure everyone can get one and then laugh at them when they can't pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhaile View Post
                      haha this makes me laugh... this is almost the same thing as the Housing Push in 2004-2007. Make sure everyone can get one and then laugh at them when they can't pay for it.
                      yup. the sad thing is I have two absolute pieces of crap that don't apply to the stated rules. I would give anything to trade one of them in on a new car and be given 4500 bucks towards it. Sadly tho only one that applies is my e30, the only car that isn't in need of repair constantly.
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Rigmaster
                      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

just another failed attempt by the government to stimulate the sale of more shitty cars.

Comment

Funny thing is, this program helped Toyota more then anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                            Those cars will likely get rpoe'd and resold. It's just another way to make more money.
                            The problem is this, if the gvt had to bail out homeowners that got in over their heads with all the housing incentives, then the will have to help the dumbasses that traded in a car they didn't owe on in order to look cool in a new car.
                            they seized every engine so that they could not be resold...

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

thats because everyone knows and loves camerys + toyota is way better at marketing autos than GM or ford

Comment

Working...
                              X