Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alkasquawlik, is your school going to show this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old'n'Slow View Post
    Ahh, the irony of someone with poor written communication skills lamenting the "dumming (sic) down" of the public education system.
    ?
    SO was that a stab at my crappy spelling or lack of proper use of commas????

I am not writing a fucking term paper here for you, I am just getting my point out there and across in a understandable manner. I am sorry I dont deem posting on here to be of the utmost importance to spend 3 hours getting all the spelling and punctuation just right.

Also I disagree with 90% of what "W" did too, this is not a R Vs D thing!!!! Jus t because I dont buy what BHO is selling dose not mean I was buying what "W" was selling either.

I dont like 99% of all Politicians regardless of their party affiliation.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-09-2009, 07:01 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I had absolutely no problem with "No Child Left Behind"... They gave me books and a school bus to get to school, they've fulfilled their obligation.

By the way NCLF was going to fail either way. Outside of being designed by democrats for liberal teachers unions, it was implemented by republicans. Perhaps if someone going to crap on this, shouldn't be a person, who's been out of school since Taft administration.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        SO was that a stab at my crappy spelling or lack of proper use of commas????

I am not writing a fucking term paper here for you, I am just getting my point out there and across in a understandable manner. I am sorry I dont deem posting on here to be of the utmost importance to spend 3 hours getting all the spelling and punctuation just right.
        3 hours on an 88 word paragraph? You may be beyond hope. J/K

In my opinion, there's no good reason to get lazy about the way you express yourself, regardless of venue. You will judged your entire life by the way you speak and write for better or worse. Do it right as a matter of course, and it will become unnecessary to labor over it. :up:

Also I disagree with 90% of what "W" did too, this is not a R Vs D thing!!!! Jus t because I dont buy what BHO is selling dose not mean I was buying what "W" was selling either.

I dont like 99% of all Politicians regardless of their party affiliation.
        On these points, we are in complete agreement. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey Aptyp:

Taft? Man, that's cold! ;-) Actually, I started late, and have kids in grade school. I have seen the "nicklebee" up close. I smiled when they asked why they had to relearn stuff they already knew.

Comment

3 hours on an 88 word paragraph? You may be beyond hope. J/K

In my opinion, there's no good reason to get lazy about the way you express yourself, regardless of venue. You will judged your entire life by the way you speak and write for better or worse. Do it right as a matter of course, and it will become unnecessary to labor over it. :up:

On these points, we are in complete agreement. Thanks for the clarification.

Well fortunately for me, my job requires only minimal amounts of writing, and most of it is abbreviations and technical jargon that is indecipherable to anyone who is not in the industry anyway.

Spelling is something I will never be good at, I can remember numbers, useless facts and tons of tech data and acceptance standards for my job, but I cant remember sequences of letters for shit (names for that matter are hard for me too).

And I am glad we agree on some of this stuff, I guess I wont write you off so fast after all ;)

PS you actually counted how many words I had in that last post????? Wow you have more time than I.
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-09-2009, 07:51 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

...And getting paid handsomely to stir the pot, I might add. Paid-for political opinions are always suspect because it would be career suicide to admit in even the slightest degree that they are in agreement with anything someone they are more-or-less contractually bound to oppose says. They must demonize the opposing view(s) and aggrandized themselves, or else they're out of a job.
            And? So? My original idea still stands, I have these viewpoints/beliefs before these "paid" talkers even get to them. Besides, I disagree with you as per the "career suicide to admit...oppose says." I am anti-religion -- all of these "right wackos" are religions. I don't believe any of this stuff on their argument of religion. So that said, I still form my own opinions as "most" of us do on the right.

Let's not even bother with the gross generalization you just made, but many of us do not believe the President is without flaw. However, given the tack taken by many members of the GOP, who supported questionable actions including massive government intrusion into the daily lives of American citizens, mistreatment of military men and women returning from extended deployments, and the extended waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles-footing over immigration reform, many were willing to try something else.
            As another topic, I agree with you on all this and won't even disagree. I was extremely upset by what has proceeded and brought BHO to victory. You and I both know what you mentioned above is the reason. That is why I am a conservative, not a republican.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
              Besides, I disagree with you as per the "career suicide to admit...oppose says.".....
              I see what you mean, but I must not have been clear. What I meant is that because the aforementioned opinions are bought and paid-for, that it would be career suicide for one the hosts to state he was in agreement in any meaningful way with someone his listeners count on him to oppose. Does that make more sense?

Originally posted by trent View Post
              As another topic, I agree with you on all this and won't even disagree. I was extremely upset by what has proceeded and brought BHO to victory. You and I both know what you mentioned above is the reason. That is why I am a conservative, not a republican.
              Nicely put! :up:

Comment

And I am glad we agree on some of this stuff, I guess I wont write you off so fast after all ;)
                Right gentlemanly of you, sir. Nunc est bibendum!

PS you actually counted how many words I had in that last post????? Wow you have more time than I.
                See! That's what I mean! It took only a few mouse moves to ctrl-C the text, plop it into Word, select "Review" and then "Word Count".

Maybe I'm a little old school, proof-reading stuff I post online....Oh well....anything worth doing is worth doing right, they say. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
                  I slept all through my senior year classes because I didn't care about the ridiculous subjects I had to take, got voted most likely to fall asleep in class lol
                  it's nothing to be proud of. you will realize your folly later.
                  '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                  '91 SpecE30 #523
                  '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                    it's nothing to be proud of. you will realize your folly later.
                    Second semester senior year, it didn't matter. As long as I passed all my classes with a C average I was fine, as I had already gotten into a good university.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
                      Second semester senior year, it didn't matter. As long as I passed all my classes with a C average I was fine, as I had already gotten into a good university.
                      doesn't matter. knowledge is not for the sole purpose of a letter grade. i guess under all the rush limbaugh posturing your another immature kid after all..
                      '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                      '91 SpecE30 #523
                      '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                        doesn't matter. knowledge is not for the sole purpose of a letter grade. i guess under all the rush limbaugh posturing your another immature kid after all..
                        The subjects weren't interesting to me, other than my Economics class.
                        Figured I'd enjoy the last bit of my highschool career while I still could.

I honestly don't think me striving as hard as I could to get decent grades in work experience, british literature, photo, and history of world war 2 would've made me that much smarter than I am today.

SC*AR

And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

dude... you're undermining your credibility here. And besides, WWII history was one of the most enlightening subjects I've studied albeit at a much higher than High school level. I'm an engineer by schooling as well, so History was never my interest or passion either. Just saying, sometimes the classes you think are bullshit (I thought that about the history classes I had to take) are the ones that lend insight into situations in ways you didn't think possible.
                          sigpic89 M3

Comment

I guess I forgot to mention, I love history, I've always been good at it and I enjoy learning about it, which is why I took WW2. At the risk of sounding like a pompous douche, I already knew most of the stuff they were teaching us in that class.
                            Regardless, what's done is done. I slept through class and I don't regret it.

SC*AR

Comment

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by scabzzzz View Post
                              Im ashamed to be American sometimes. When I travel, Im not from America.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                              same.
                              Fuck you both. You disgust me.

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
                              Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Working...
                              X