I-Phone vs Blackberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-Phone vs Blackberry

My current contract is coming to a close shortly and I'm considering either an I-phone or a Blackberry. Which would you choose and why? I'll be using the phone for some work related stuff (med cross referencing, research, drink mixology;) etc). Thanks
    09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
    05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
    87 BMW 325is
    a few bicycles

Do you like the internet or do you like email?

Pick one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Spanos
      I got an iphone, it was cheaper and I honestly don't give a fuck
      Solid post bro.

Comment

Internet is more helpful I guess. I can access my online classes that way. I-phone is currently starting @ $99, $199 or $299 (I'm going for the cheap one). I know I have alot more research to do, but I just wanted some input from people that aren't paid to tell me shit;)
        09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
        05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
        87 BMW 325is
        a few bicycles

Comment

I just got the samsung instinct, like the iPhone but not as good and I love it, I had a blackberry before, its more of a toy the black berry is more business

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Blackberry.
            Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Spanos
              I got an iphone, it was cheaper and I honestly don't give a fuck

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

iphone. its cheaper and blackberries break easily. I beat the fuck outta my iphone (I really dont care) and it still works bomb. my friend went thru like 3 BB's in a year.

Comment

I agree with JMil86, the iphone is a toy. I work with a lot of fu fu designers who just HAVE to have the latest iphone and so far I know 3 of them with broken screens.

Plus, if your a man and have man sized hands, touching around on that iphone screen is a PITA!

I put my phones thru the ringer and the blackberry is a very sturdy phone.

Also, At&t in my area sucks balls, iphone seems to like to hang up during a convo, iphone seems to like to freeze when someone calls in.

Build, break, repair, repeat.
                  91 300zx TT
                  03 540i Msport
                  91 318is track
                  89 Isuzu Imark/lotus 24hr Lemons car

Originally posted by george graves
                  R3v is a very different kind of forum - don't come here with your bull shit - we'll actually take the time to call you on it.

Comment

The iphone dropped alot of calls at first, then they updated and its better but still randomly drops calls on occasion which is annoying. All I can say is my friends had blackberrys while my gf and I had the iphone, and they all now have iphones. Say what you want but theres no comparison, especially considering the applications and support from apple. A lot of talk lately about iphones not working at all in metro areas (nyc) due to the volume of iphone users, so watch out for that.
                    Transaction Feedback!

Comment

blackberry hands down. if you get the iphone that makes you guy. lol.

kidding.

in all seriousness, the iphone seems to be more like a "toy" than a purpose built phone to me, can it even send picture messages now? lol.

blackberry is my preference, the email is awesome, and there are some pretty good apps if you search hard enough. but i don't need to run dynolicious or some other must have app on it neither.

/rant
                      1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                      1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                      1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                      1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                      1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                      I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

blackberry.
                        had one for 3 years. same one!
                        I will be upgrading to BB tour or something the like.

Iphone is cool but gets annoying for some reason.

BB is very easy to use. It has more practicality IMO.

http://vnmi.mybrute.com
                        :razz: 1991 Alpineweis 318iS
                        :arrow: 1991 Briliantrot 318i

Comment

Blackberry user here.

Verizon > AT&T as far as the network goes. Even when I have one bar of service it only takes about 5 seconds to load CNN.com

iPhone's are pretty smooth compared to Blackberry's when comparing hardware though. My phone can lag sometimes, but it is usually only when I have many apps running at once with music playing.
                          Instagram
                          sigpic
                          Current: 99 M3
                          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I'm a relative newb to the iPhone....picked up my first one in late June when the 3GS rolled out. There was an issue with the phone after two weeks - turns out I got one of the "bad battery" phones which I returned and Apple sent me a new one no questions asked (the battery issue was starting to gain momentum at the time as well). Since receiving my replacement, I have had no issues at all.

I was seriously considering a couple of different BlackBerry phones before I made my iPhone purchase. Like the others have said, the BB is great for on-the-go email and it is very popular among business users. The iPhone is a great internet device. Sure I can check e-mail, but I also browse the web and listen to streaming radio while at work (there's an open wi-fi source at the office which I use so the connection performance is great). Only downside I can really think of is after several hours on wi-fi, the battery is over 50% drained. With less, occassional use I can get two days of use before needing to recharge.

Once my 2 year contract is up with AT&T, I will weigh my options and see what else is out there. I will only keep the iPhone if I'm really hooked on it.

Jon
                            Rides...
                            1991 325i - sold :(
                            2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I hate Apple products, including their O/S, but dig the iPhone.

YouTube, iPod, Phone, Camera, Video, Pandora, Last FM, Shoutcast, lots of free apps, etc...

And you can get an 8GB iPhone for $99.00
                              I believe they even have 32GB storage now, but those are more expensive.

I like my iPhone alot, plus it has a bunch of aftermarket stuff and works well with my Clarion HU
                              sigpic
                              1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                              Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                              Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Working...
                              X