The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by latefan View Post
    so, out of the blue - really - i have tripped on a 911 for sale. Nothing i would have considered, really. My son dropped me in his now-running e30 at our audi shop to pick up parts. It's an independent import shop run by an old vw & porsche mechanic. It is an authorized audi service shop now. Used them for years for audis, volvos, etc.

Out front is a customer / consignment fs car. '76 minty green 911s. 122,000 mi. Original fuchs, nice paint, no rust, perfect interior. But dear gawd, that green, and those bumpers!

Windshield sign says $13,500. Seriously. No dents. Shiny paint. Sunroof. Clean.

I went back in to ask whose car it is, thinking it's an old customer or something. Probably a 2.7 with bad studs and they just want to move it.

No! It's the owner's car. Had it forever (or at least 1976), and he's a porsche mechanic - it's not gonna have bad head studs. I've seen beautiful 356s in this shop regularly.

So, my question to you guys is - is this a crazy deal, or just a reasonable price for one of the less desirable years? I've told friends for years, don't buy a 76-77 2.7, get an early long hood or a later 3.0 sc.

What do i do?!
    (ps...my wife would shoot me)
    buy it now!!!
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      Where are the pics, man ?
      Maybe I'll swing by and get you some. It's that 70s minty green. At first I thought, nope, no. But then I've seen 930s in the same color.

I did a little Samba research...I guess it's not a screaming deal, there were several in the teens, not in near as good condition. So it's maybe in the right range, but likely in tip top condition knowing this guy.

Looks a lot like this....but with black interior and no chin rubber spoiler.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	porsche-911-pre-89-S940252-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	7164854

What is undesirable about the 75 to 77s, other than the bumpers and the troublesome 2.7? You can make it look like a '73. You can repair the 2.7 or put a used 3.0 in it.

But by then you've priced it out of the range they sell for...

Comment

Doooo eeeeeeeiiiitttttt

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

If you can convince yourself that you're not buying the car as an investment, then go for it.

You can get a great car, at a price that won't make you choke, and you'll be able to use it everyday and make it your own. Buy it, drive it, put a 3.0 in it if you want. Sell it to someone who wants a useable 911 that they won't have to feel bad about driving hard.
          2011 1M Alpine white/black
          1996 Civic white/black
          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

1996 Civic white/black
            1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

I know this thread has been focused mostly on older P-cars (which I love), but the new 918 Spyder is a fav of mine. The more I watch/learn about this car, the more impressed I am. A real technical showcase of what Porsche is capable of.

Jon
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                  If you can convince yourself that you're not buying the car as an investment, then go for it.
                  That's just it - I couldn't do it unless I knew it was going to double in 10 years. And then if you're not driving it, what's the point?

There would be financial pressure to sell my '67 Alfa, and that's not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                    .. the new 918 Spyder is a fav of mine. The more I watch/learn about this car, the more impressed I am. A real technical showcase of what Porsche is capable of.
                    Completely agreed..

Click image for larger version

Name:	01-porsche-918-martini.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	7164868

Comment

Sup.
                      Attached Files
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Rigmaster
                      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

sup again
                        Attached Files
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

2015 Porsche 918 Spyder - Jay Leno's Garage and some guy from Porsche expains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaOfgevPphk:yawn:
                          grain of salt:p

http://https://youtu.be/H8gOAzYchAE:ot:

Comment

Oh fuck me looks what's for sale right now

Trade Me has 419 listings for Porsche for sale. Get detailed vehicle info, view photos, and do a quick background check so you can buy with confidence today.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Do it.

But...it's red....
                              1996 Civic white/black
                              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Thought some of y'all would enjoy this.. Will take hi res pics of you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                                Originally posted by Northern
                                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
                                X