***The Official HONDA RUCKUS Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
    How much do you weigh and what is the fastest you can go? I can maintain 40 on a flat surface.
    Taylor
    I just weighed in at 170.9lbs with shoes, no helmet, jacket, or gloves. Haha if that really makes a difference. Which with 5hp, it does.

There are no flat surfaces here so I'm not sure about that. I can maintain 38-40 with no issues on most of the road that aren't going harsh uphill...

Originally posted by RCWells View Post
    First I'll say the ruckus is a cool looking machine, especially considering it's a scoot.

Secondly, one of the things that makes the scooters look/feel so gay is the position of one's feet while riding.

So why don't more peeps add some footpegs to these things that allow for a more forward foot position, like riding a cruiser?
    1. Yes it is

2. I have foot pegs and I love them.

-Erik
    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

damn Erik thats looks great for being used. One question though. How do you like that rear shock? so far thats the one thing that I dont like. It just isnt stiff enough and doesnt have enough travel. They are really cheap too. Like 60 bucks for that spring.

Let me know. Also the speed var, which one does it have?

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

damn Erik thats looks great for being used. One question though. How do you like that rear shock? so far thats the one thing that I dont like. It just isnt stiff enough and doesnt have enough travel. They are really cheap too. Like 60 bucks for that spring.

Let me know. Also the speed var, which one does it have?
        Taylor
        I only rode a stock Ruck for about fifteen minutes and I have to say that the upgraded one is a lot better... I'm not that big of a guy so it didn't see a huge need for a different shock but I actually like it a lot. As far as speed difference, I definitely noticed this one to be quite a bit quicker on accelerations and definitely faster top end. I want to do more engine work on it though, it only really has gearing work.
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

well they make gearing kits for them. They lose a little power down low but gain it up top. Only problem I have is that I can only change things that are bolt on. The second I go internal it voids all warranty on it. Im not going to throw away 600 dollars worth of warranty for 2mph.

Taylor
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!

Comment

This is supposedly the fastest ruckus in the world...

Last edited by DRTSRFR; 01-27-2010, 10:59 AM.
            Suspension tips here...
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DRTSRFR View Post
              This is supposedly the fastest rukus in the world...

http://www.motoiq.com/projects/proje...da_ruckus.aspx
              I'd ride that thing around town. 58mph is plenty fast enough for around here.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

well they make gearing kits for them. They lose a little power down low but gain it up top. Only problem I have is that I can only change things that are bolt on. The second I go internal it voids all warranty on it. Im not going to throw away 600 dollars worth of warranty for 2mph.

Taylor
                How do they define internal? Variator, intake, exhaust and CDI, and it should move a bit easier

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  How do they define internal? Variator, intake, exhaust and CDI, and it should move a bit easier
                  I really want to do the CDI, intake, and an exhaust... I'm pretty sure it's highly recommended that you rejet the carb once you do intake and exhaust though.
                  -Erik

Comment

My friend andy has a ruckus...

that's a honda cbr 600rr motor in that thing. if you can't tell his fabrication skills are epicly amazing
                    If in doubt... Flat out

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus View Post
                      My friend andy has a ruckus...

that's a honda cbr 600rr motor in that thing. if you can't tell his fabrication skills are epicly amazing

:twisted:

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

some nice HONDA,s
                        BMW E21 CARS BMW E30 CARS MK2 GOLF GTI

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                          I really want to do the CDI, intake, and an exhaust... I'm pretty sure it's highly recommended that you re-jet the carb once you do intake and exhaust though.
                          I haven't fully read into it but I wouldn't doubt having to re-jet the carb after said mods. I have my variator on order right now as well as my filter kit. I don't know if I want to spend the money on the actual hard piped intake. I may just buy some aluminum piping and cut it to fit then figure out whether I want to flat black it or leave it polished.

And Erik, I bought the Polini variator. I read a big article on variators on totalruckus.com and they were saying that the polini is an all around better variator. Not to mention I can tune the variator to my weight. Seeing that I'm heavier than most riders, I think I may need the 6.9g roller weights. But that will all have to be tuned. Maybe a mix and match of the 5.9g rollers and the 6.9g rollers. Who knows.

I'm really stoked to be getting some more speed on my ruck. I hit 43 this morning which is said to be the factory highest speed. But seeing that I weight about 30lbs more than the suggested weight for the ruck, I have a feeling it may go faster. I also heard that the 09 ruck has some different things than the earlier models. Maybe that's the reason for the better "fat man" gearing. CDI is the next thing on my list. I figure I should take care of the go fast parts first then worry about aesthetics later. Stephen agrees.

I really think its funny though that Stephen got both of us looking at the ruck and he has yet to buy one. lulz. Sorry Stephen. I had previously wanted to look at a ruckus but I was just not financially fit to pull the trigger. I built my credit and now I'm reaping the benefits. I LOVE MY RUCKUS!!!!

Taylor

Comment

I really think its funny though that Stephen got both of us looking at the ruck and he has yet to buy one. lulz. Sorry Stephen.

Soon!

Possibly this weekend, but its not a slam dunk yet

Comment

Ok, got one lined up i think. Hopefully early next week

Comment

I found one of 5 in New Zealand, $2999NZD = $2100USD, good price or no?

Black and white with 4,500km

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Working...
                                X