The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my new ride, a 2007 R1

Before I had a '91 FZR 1000, which was a heavy space ship, made me learn to appreciate a lighter bike! Horrible horrible first bike, but it forced me to learn quick!

I found this bike that had been sitting in a garage in LA for 4+ years with 800 miles on the clock. Stock with sliders and a fender eliminator. Bought a one way ticket down there from SF and rode her back with my buddy who just graduated UCLA.

No huge plans for her, more excited about a bike that will start everytime and be very reliable. Planning on doing dome track days, and I live by a TON of awesome riding roads (Marin to the north and Santa Cruz to my south.) If you live here you know what I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by grantlacey11 View Post
      Here is my new ride, a 2007 R1

nice R1! and that new CBR is SEX!!

i did the opposite of you, had an 02 R1 for my "first" bike, then went to and 88 FZR 1000, and your right, the thing is def a space ship haha. still fun bikes tho, next bike for me will be another R1, or if at the time i can find one and afford it, and 05 repsol

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
        Here is mine how she sits.

Its red on CF at the moment, might be painting it back to stock looking in the near future.
        stock but its ridic as is! i wanted one since i was lik 10

Comment

2 days ago I went riding with my buddies, I was on my kx125. Ended up blowing a head gasket so one buddy let me use his kx250f. The torque on the four strokes compared to the 2 is unreal, and I needed to have one. So after searching craigslist for a whole day I picked up this 04 crf250r last night. Took it out for the first time today, so much fun!

Comment

i need a motorcycle in my life,

Comment

i had one of these, 1973 honda cb360

listen to that baby purr

then i sold it and got one of these. a 1984 honda nighthawk 450... lightly customized :)

parking like a BOSS

and im working on this. 1974 yamaha rd350. ring ding ding

Last edited by Pl3wA; 05-12-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
                ..The torque on the four strokes compared to the 2 is unreal, ...
                You should ride a properly dialed in 2 stroke 250. Or a 350, 400, 450, 490...
                But the 490 & 500 2-strokes can be frightening.

Comment

haha nice welds on that seat tray on the RD. And I actually just sold my CM400, which is pretty much the same as that Hawk, except a little more power, less torque, and a 5 speed. They're okay bikes, but take some work to make them handle. I recommend progressive rear shocks, chop 2" out of each fork spring on the tightly wound side and replace with a spacer, probably around 1.75" to set sag, and 15wt fork oil. that will help a lot. You've already got the best front brakes that can easily be fitted.

Here's a pic my mom (yeah, I know haha) took when I unknowingly pulled up next to her at a light the other day. 1979 GS750E. CBR600 F3 brake rotors, ZG1000 calipers, early GSXR front end, Kerker exhaust...that kind of thing. It's a fun bike.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Those older bikes look like fun, and bring back memories.

I'm probably going to be selling both of my bikes (Ural & DRZ400) and might
                    get something like an old RD500, KH750, or even and old Yamaha DT-250
                    I just can't justify keeping them considering how infrequently I ride - but something
                    with less money tied up would be justifiable. I could use the freed up funds to paint
                    my MR2 and the BMW.
                    Last edited by Mark 42; 05-13-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Just sold my 1994 VFR750F, awesome bike. Comfortable to ride, and extreme reliability. The '98 on VFRs haven't looked nearly as good or won awards like the 1990-97 ones did.

I had that bike for 11 years. I will probably replace it with a f800r or s, or perhaps a r1200s. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up an r1200s 3 or 4 years back when BMW was doing 3k off on them.

None the less I'm still in the running for a bike with ABS, heated handgrips, single sided swingarm and underseat exhaust, preferably under 100hp. Kind of limits my options, though I need a bigger bike to as I have a 34" inseam.

Comment

Originally posted by profbooty View Post
                        ABS, heated handgrips, single sided swingarm and underseat exhaust, preferably under 100hp. Kind of limits my options, though I need a bigger bike to as I have a 34" inseam.
                        Kawasaki Versys? Though I don't think it has the single sided swingarm.

Comment

profbooty, you just described an '04 R1100S. I'm 6'1", and it fits me like a glove. My understanding is the R1100S is a little more on the touring side of sport touring, whereas the R1200S is noticeably more on the sport side of sport touring.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

heres mine (bmw content)

Last edited by spdracrm3; 06-02-2012, 12:01 PM.
                            Angus
                            88 E30M3 X2
                            89 325IX
                            92 R100GS/PD
                            :)

Comment

Originally posted by spdracrm3 View Post
                              If there was a picture, it didn't come through.

What is an R100GS/PD? Police dual sport?
                              Oh, nevermind... pretty cool!

That might be a good option for me to replace what I have now.

Comment

i think he means he doesn't have one... yet

Comment

Working...
                                X