No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress! Making rear sets from scratch, seat is getting upholstered, and buying reverse cone mufflers from Lossa engineering. Working on a fairing this summer.

Bought some new patches too. :p

Originally posted by Ryan...
    It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

just got my project FZR 1k on the road! things a beast! feels way gnarlier then my R1 did, pics and project thread soon!

Comment

Not to whore but this is a legit question. Im going to be taking her up to paint in a few weeks to fix a massive scratch on the airbox from my watch (handlebars were setup in midget mode when I got it and I hit the airbox at full lock).

Im trying to decide if I want to paint the CF back to stock or leave it bare. Opinoins?:

Stock:

Bare:

Right now I am kind of torn. Stock looks classic, CF looks meaner.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

Heading to a track day right now :)
          sigpic
          -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

I think they both look strange with the color cut off where it is. if the CF extended up all the way in the front, I might have a different opinion.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
            Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I fuckin love it with the bare CF. ties so well with the CF fenders

Originally posted by Ryan...
              It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

I like it with the stock silver..
                1988 325i Vert
                1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

This was my favorite whip, before I was an in accident last year, still just barley recovering. Contemplating going back to two wheels but probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
                    This was my favorite whip, before I was an in accident last year, still just barley recovering. Contemplating going back to two wheels but probably not.

Not trying to be a dick, but was it your fault or someone elses? Also, how many years street riding experience before you got on that bike? Just curious.

Beautiful bike by the way. Hope your recovery goes well mate.
                    My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
                      Not trying to be a dick, but was it your fault or someone elses? Also, how many years street riding experience before you got on that bike? Just curious.
                      I cant say anything, Ive got less than a year on the street. :oops:
                      Im now E30less.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post

Beautiful bike by the way. Hope your recovery goes well mate.
                        I was in my eighth year riding, it was my second bike, I started on an Honda f4,which is not really beginners bike either but it was what i had. The accident was not my fault, the other person ran a left turn signal. I considered my self a pretty responsible rider, geared up all the time (trying not to be a squid) and a slow poke, a spirited ride up the 18hwy once and while though. No offense taken BTW.
                        Last edited by rhE-30; 03-27-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Future Cafe Racer
                          Attached Files
                          My 1991 325i Cabrio Build

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227529

Comment

Have any of you ridden/owned any pocket bikes? Are they actually fun to own or only cool once in a while? I'm talking about a real like 110cc 4 speed manual, not a 49cc chainsaw engine with wheels. There were a couple of threads on here from like 2004 but no one really shared any opinions.
                            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
                              I was in my eighth year riding, it was my second bike, I started on an Honda f4,which is not really beginners bike either but it was what i had. The accident was not my fault, the other person ran a left turn signal. I considered my self a pretty responsible rider, geared up all the time (trying not to be a squid) and a slow poke, a spirited ride up the 18hwy once and while though. No offense taken BTW.
                              At least you were geared up the right way. I see too many people around here riding sport bikes in shorts and t-shirts... The girl I bought this wreck off of was wearing a helmet when she crashed it in a parking lot, but didn't have any other gear on and she got pretty messed up.

When I picked it up over the Thanksgiving weekend I was pretty sure this bike was going to get parted out, but after I got the damaged bodywork off and discovered that the engine ran beautifully I decided to put it back together.

After replacing the radiator, all the dash pieces, clip-ons, headlight, fairings, and fuel tank as well as rebuilding the forks and all of the brake calipers, I ended up with this little gem.

The Yosh pipes were both scraped up on the outsides so I flipped them left to right until I can find something else. The header pipes need some fresh paint and I'm still waiting on the trim pieces that cover the ram air tubes, but otherwise she's looking pretty good. The big pissed off V-twin is pretty intoxicating, and now that the suspension is dialed in (Penske rear shock) it's an absolute blast in the canyons.
                              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                                At least you were geared up the right way. I see too many people around here riding sport bikes in shorts and t-shirts... The girl I bought this wreck off of was wearing a helmet when she crashed it in a parking lot, but didn't have any other gear on and she got pretty messed up.
                                Now that I am among the ranks (rode dirt as a kid but this is my first street bike) I really notice shit like that. At OSU saw a guy booking it on a liter bike wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops (no helmet, gloves or even shades). It wasn't even hot out, no excuse at all for any of it.
                                Im now E30less.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X