Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This setup sounds awesome

Comment

FINALLY got the CX sold, took a while, and FINALLY got this fuckers tank back from paint, came out great! Took so long due to a problem with the first body shop we used taking too long and fucking it all up, was originally going to be blue like from the factory. So we sent it to our new body shop who painted the CX tank, and opted for a Honda "citrus sunburst" color, it looks killer! Nice bright metallic orange, compliments it nicely

This little CB has been a big handful, took me forever to finally get it running right, but man it is a blast to ride, and sounds like a mini harley to boot, pretty neat

Comment

Mid 60s today and high 60s tomorrow here in PA. Awesome to get a couple days like this in the middle of December and get some riding time.

Comment

Next one picked up, ill be tackling this lil guy after I get my big Yami and BMW done, 71 CL350, some assembly required

Comment

Comment

Downz - That's a great looking CB!
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                Downz - That's a great looking CB!
                thanks! was def a fun lil bike, just sold her the other night, onto this CL next

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                  That is the truth. I keep the MV in the living room on a stand over winter and if you post a picture of a woman (fully clothed, just for fun during a party) sitting on it that shit blows up.
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                    Just picked this beauty up. Soooo much fun!

So i finally picked me up an RD! 75 RD350 from the same guy i bought my BMW from, aside from the pod filters its all original, suuuuuuper clean, cant wait to ride it. I'd love to keep it, but in the end I am trying to run a business, and I'd prefer a 400 thats beat up that I can build into what I want, this one is too clean to mess with.

In other news, got the BMW stripped down and ready to be media blasted/painted/restored. Before I stripped it I wanted to see if I could get it running, after cleaning the bowels out and throwing some fuel in it, it fired right up! I'm still new to the german bikes, thought it was kick start only until I started fiddling around with the unmarked buttons on the bars, only to find it cranked itself over when pushing one. Was originally going to restore it to factory spec, but it was in much rougher shape then I thought, so gonna go with a tracker style build, nick naming it the "Panzer Chaser"

And my condo at the moment, even with all the bikes strewn around my garage I can still fit the Repsol and M5 in there, dont ask me how lol. Gonna bring the big yamaha in this week to try and get it running, then strip that down as well, so at the moment Ive got the 71 CL350, the 74 BMW R75/6, and the 79 XS750 in pieces all through out my place, and the 80 CX500D and 75 RD350 at my business partners house to be cleaned up and sold, chaos in the best ways ha

lots of work to do! ;D

Comment

A old project i got running found it in a field a mile from my house.

Last edited by lti_57; 01-14-2016, 04:20 PM.
                      Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

^^^ oooooohh what is that?? an old suzuki two stroke twin??? need more info sir!

Comment

Yes Old Suzuki T-500 with a set of Chamber off of a water buffalo.
                          it was so fast. but could not stop for beans.I should have put a disk brake front end on it.
                          But for me the fun is bringing it back to life.
                          riding it a bit then selling and moving on.
                          The sound of a 2 stroke twin or triple is one of the best sounds plus the smell of running Klotz or bean oil
                          Last edited by lti_57; 01-14-2016, 07:02 AM.
                          Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

So.... what's a good starter bike for the clueless? Something not too nice that can sit outside and reliable enough that I don't have to work on it all the time.

I'd like to get one immediately, specifically before I turn 40, but the only time I would ever have to ride it is commuting, but don't you have to have a permit for a year before you can ride on the highway? That part pretty much makes a motorcycle useless to me, unfortunately. I have very little free time and don't go anywhere except work and school, which are each 40 miles from home, so the bike would just sit in my driveway under a tarp annoying my landlord 99% of the time.

Any advice would be great, I don't know anyone who rides.
                            sigpic
                            1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Hey! I live in Clairemont so we have that SD county thing going! Joing San Diego Riders / SD Bike Life FB page.

Starter bike though... have you ever thought about being an outlaw haha.

I started on an 800cc, 500lb bike. All about how much you respect that throttle... and weight in my case. I don't like how people recommend 300cc to people because drivers in SD suck!!!... and getting away from some of them really comes in handy.

IMO, riding position makes it or brakes it when learning how to ride. That is of course you respect the throttle of any bike you ride on and etc. I'd suggest a more upright position before you go full hot rod. Look up Suzuki sv650. If you ever want to learn on my vfr800, hit me up.

I'd also recommend something newer. You'd think that bikes are cheaper but they're not.
                              Last edited by Dozyproductions; 01-14-2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Clairemont! That's where I dream of living someday! Commuting into SD every day from up here SUCKS, I put 400 miles a week on my E30.

I don't have much interest in sport bikes, I would be more inclined to own a Harley or something British, but figured I would start on something older and Japanese, or maybe a Buell. I don't think I can try anything out though unless I own it first, I've never rode a motorcycle on the street, 4-5 times on dirtbikes very slowly in the desert is the extent of my riding experience.

I'm just afraid if I buy one now I won't be able to commute with it and it will do nothing but sit here, but that if I keep waiting until my life is more stable that I'll never end up getting one. I have health insurance now which was one of the things that scared me about it before, but now because I finally have insurance I am on a shitload of medications again and wonder if I should be trying to ride at all. Poor attention span from severe ADD can't be good for riding either. The more I think about it the more I realize it is probably a very bad idea, but I'm not sure I should let that stop me. I need to live a little bit more.
                                sigpic
                                1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Working...
                                X