The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
    What do you suggest for a first time rider? I'm going to check out a 1983 Honda cb650 NightHawk. It's mint with 10,000 miles and I think I can talk the guy down to 1,000. Was thinking of turning it into a Cafe Racer.
    Also, before you buy a bike take the msf class, it might help you decide if riding is really something you are interested in, plus you get your license and some real instructors to help you out not your friend Frank who can "Wheelie till the end of the block" so therefore thinks he can teach you how to ride.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Thought some of you might be interested in my buddy's build. he bought it for $300. Has less than 2k in it. Mikuni's, clip-ons, yada yada. cb360t

Originally posted by Ryan...
      It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Was head over heels for the 851. Reconditioned it. Paid it off. Gliding through Wisconsin countryside on it was poetry in motion. Angels would sing.
        Then a woman failed to yield/turned left in front of me. Totaled.

On a lighter note, insurance proceeds went toward my e30 purchase.

Afterward, I fixed up a ’72 cb350 twin to placate two-wheeled passions. Full round of maintenance and swapped a (flat) ‘drag’ bar on it for improved ergonomics and a semi-café look.

After my e30 project is done – I never want to “do up” another car again. Cars have like a ga-jillion more part$ and $y$tem$ to maintain than bikes. Bikes make waaaay better project vehicles.
        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

^^ That ducati is absolutely amazing! Where in WI have you ridden? The kettle Moraine area around Road America is nice, and some spots around Madison have really amazing roads with some awesome sights to see.
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I'll play...
            My first bike: 2008 kawasaki ZX6R (along side my 2007 S60R [gone, also])

And my current:
            2008 gsxr 600
            вот такая вот зараза!... Машына моей мечты.
            [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

thats either a very weird angle or your neck is 2ft long :D

Comment

i vote 2ft neck

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                Sounds like you need a massage.
                Originally posted by kpeng
                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

I am 6'4.. so yes, I come equipped with a longer neck than usual. :D
                  вот такая вот зараза!... Машына моей мечты.
                  [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

haha gotcha :)

I had some pics taken of me last year and had the same issue, my neck looked super long, huge head, no shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                      thats either a very weird angle or your neck is 2ft long :D
                      Looking through the corner, as he should. Good man.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I was just messing with him :)

Comment

Originally posted by Pasha View Post
                          I am 6'4.. so yes, I come equipped with a longer neck than usual. :D
                          Dude I am 6'4" too. What full leather suit did you find that fit? They are all either too short or the size of a walrus.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                          This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post
                            Dude I am 6'4" too. What full leather suit did you find that fit? They are all either too short or the size of a walrus.
                            get one made for your body. vanson, z leathers, helimot, etc all make custom suits with lots of options for not much more than a good off the rack suit. i'm 6'4" and have a z suit that is awesome.

Comment

Song of the Sausage Creature. Anyone know what I'm talkin bout? ;)

Originally posted by Ryan...
                              It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

my supermoto

2000 xr650R
                                currently in the shed for a spring/summer perking up.
                                [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X